Remus and Sirius

Sirius helped a limping Remus out onto the grounds, it was still early, the moon not set to rise until hours later but they needed to get out while students were still in class and with Remus walking the way he was it would take at least an hour to get to the shack.

Remus walked slowly, his face screwed up in pain, focus on every step and not the stabbing shock sent up through every bone at each step.

They reached the tunnel quicker than expected, only thanks to Remus's determination.

"Here sit," Sirius helped Remus lower himself to the ground.

He turned back to the tree and scoured the ground for a rock, he found one reasonably quickly, aiming it at the tree and hitting on the second shot. It was a skill he had luckily perfected during his many full moon nights while staying at Hogwarts.

"Come, we have a long walk Moons," Sirius smiled softly, helping his husband up again, and starting quickly towards the tunnel.

It was tough getting inside but once they were in they just had a long, dark and grimy walk ahead of them.

Siri held his wand up high in one hand, lowering it to occasionally to sweep bugs of Remus's shoulder and supporting Rem with the other.

He kept his eyes trained closely on the ground, watching carefully for tree branches and apologising profusely when he missed one and Remus let out a yelp of pain as he stumbled.

The werewolf's transformations had got more painful every year, his muscles knotting and his bones cracking.

The sun was just beginning to set when they finally made it to the shack and Remus collapsed onto the couch with a pained grunt. He laid on his stomach, his head buried in his arms.

Sirius watched him with sad eyes for a long moment, if he could take away the pain he would, oh he would even take it himself if that was the only option, alas it was impossible and so he did what he did best.

He walked over and straddled Remus's back, softly using his palm to massage the knots in his back, feeling each of them loosen under his fingers.

He worked his way down, Rem letting out a content sign every so often.

Their peace, however, would be rather short lived as the sun finished its journey and the moon began its own.

It rose high into the sky, as the man transformed into a dog. Higher as a werewolf, far away, in a castle, lost and hidden from view, locked himself and his pack in, thinking only of a certain blonde and the time when he could see her again. And higher still as they all transformed, howls filling the night, yet no one knew about the second werewolf on Hogwarts grounds that night, the grey wolf, hungry for blood.

'Alpha' Sirius growled, circling around the wolf.

It was also tough at first, getting Rem under control and today was a particularly bad moon.

'Beta,' The wolf eventually growled back after pouncing a couple times, only to be thrown off by Sirius.

Sirius relaxed slightly, now he had control over the wolf nothing could go wrong.

'Follow,' Sirius ordered as he made his way towards the door of the shack, throwing himself against it a couple times until it burst open.

The wolf and the dog stepped out onto the grassy ground, it was starting to get cold out, especially at night and it was raining ever so slightly.

They made their way round the back of the shack, Sirius keeping a sharp eye on the wolf at his side.

They picked up their pace as soon as the woods were in sight, bounding forward towards the green trees. Sirius has to admit that it all did seem slightly more exciting as a dog, his nose itching to follow trails of scents. He adored the feeling of the wind on his fur and the soil beneath his bare paws.

The trees closed in around them as they entered, and the canine's set off, sniffing round tree trunks and roots.

They were both so invested in their own trails that neither noticed the scent of a another wolf approaching, one that they, unfortunately, knew all too well.

A howl cut through the night and Sirius spun around, to find his wolf pinned to the floor by none other than Greyback. He reacted instantly, pouncing at the Greyback, who saw him coming and kicked out his back leg knocking Sirius away but giving Remus a chance to escape.

He let out a series of barks as he hit the dirt floor, obviously bruising his ribs.

Remus and Greyback were circling, fangs out until Remus dived unexpectedly at the other wolf, taking him by surprise and locking his jaw around the soft flesh of his shoulder.

Greyback let out a yelp and shook Remus off, who took an ungodly amount of his shoulder with him, leaving a gaping wound.

Sirius who had slowly made his way to his feet again, moved forward only for Greyback to turn, angered by his new wound and dive at the black dog. Slashing at his throat as he knocked him backwards again.

Remus was still recovering from being thrown off and instead let out a low growl though not phasing Greyback at all.

Sirius could feel Greyback's hot breath on his face, and he squeezed his eyes shut, turning his head. Then there was a burning pain in his stomach, as Greyback's teeth dug in ripping and tearing. He let out a screaming howl, twisting under the wolfs grip.

A red spark cut through the night air, and there was a scuffle as Greyback flew back with a cry. Sirius turned his head, eyes foggy with pain. Two figures stood by a tree, wands drawn, before turning and running off. He must be imaging things, he must be dead and this heaven, yet he watched as Greyback turned into the trees and ran off, Remus following him, before his eyes closed and the sky spun black.