What He Does Best

The others returned from Hogsmede a while later, meeting Draco who was studying in the Great hall.

"It's almost dinner, where the hell have you been," Draco muttered moving his books so everyone could sit down.

"Sorry mate, we were talking to a bunch of Gryffindors and drinking butterbeer," Blaise chuckled.

They all took their seats and food appeared in front of them as more students filed in.

"Where's Harry, didn't you come back with him," Pansy questioned glancing at Hermione and back to Draco.

Draco just shrugged, "Dunno,"

"Where are all our teachers as well," Hermione pointed out.

Up at the staff table at least half of them were missing, Severus, Dumbledore, Sirius, Lupin and McGongall were all gone.

"Must be bad if all the head teachers have disappeared," Ron suggested as he continued to stuff food in his mouth.

They all shared looks of intrigue before brushing it off and piling food onto their plates.

"Mate why's your face all bashed up," Ron questioned quietly when Draco accidentally moved his hand to reveal the bruising on his face.

"You're bloody friend who has fucking anger issues," Draco rolled his eyes covering the bruises with his hand again, but Ron wasn't going to let it go easily.

"Harry did that to you," he exclaimed attracting the attention of the others.

"Did what," Pansy frowned, leaning forward.

Ron pulled Draco's hand away from his face and the everyone gasped.

"What the hell, what happened," Blaise snapped.

"It's fine, he didn't mean to, just forget it," Draco hissed turning slightly red at all the attention.

"Oh you wish," Hermione stood up grabbing his wrist, "Come on we're going to the hospital wing,"

"Hermione, stop, no, it's fine," Draco complained as he was dragged towards the door, surprised by the girls strength.

She ignored his complaints and continued pulling him towards the stairs.

"I won't push it about Harry and you don't have to tell the teachers how it happened but we are going to the hospital wing," she snapped before continuing to drag Draco along, not waiting for a response.

Draco finally agreed, or just realised he didn't have a choice and settled down walking alongside Hermione.

They approached the hospital wing and Hermione pushed open the door slightly, only to have Hagrid walk out.

"Sorry you can't go in there," He panicked pushing them both out into the hall and closing the door behind him.

"What why," Hermione snapped.

"Dumbledores orders," Hagrid muttered wiping his eyes with his handkerchief.

"Are you crying," Hermione patted the tall man on the arm gently.

"Oh no don't worry, what bring you kids 'ere," He replied shoving the handkerchief into his pocket.

"Draco needs to see Madam Pomfrey," Hermione gestured to the boy next to her.

Hagrid surveyed the boy who suddenly felt tiny under the giants interested gaze.

"Well I'll go talk to Poppy and she'll be out in a moment," He nodded before disappearing through the door which slammed shut.

Draco and Hermione raised their eyebrows, "What's going on in there," Draco muttered.

"Who knows," She shrugged, taking a seat against the wall.

Draco slid down next to her, "He really didn't mean to hit me,"

Hermione raised her eyebrows at the change in conversation.

"I just mean that the way he looked after he did it, he just confuses me so much," Draco added.

"Harry's been through a lot," Hermione began speaking softly, "He's lost a lot of people and he never really got to fall in love and date around like most teens do, he had too much pressure resting on him at such a young age,"

She spoke wisely, almost sounding like Dumbledore and Draco listened intently.

"He likes to push people away, he finds it easy, the only reason i'm still here is because I don't let him," she fiddled with the sleeve of her top, "He would still be in bed if I didn't force him to go to Hogsmede and he would have even come back to Hogwarts this year," She turned to look to look at Draco, "You can't let him decide if he wants you to help him because he won't let you, you have to help him wether he likes it or not, be there for him when he tells you to leave."

Draco nodded, tears threatening to fall and a sob stuck in his throat.

He didn't answer but Hermione knew what he was thinking and wrapped an arm around the blonde boy.

Madam Pomefry came out seconds later, she looked tired and sad, her eyes and nose were red, the lines on her forehead more prominent and her face hung sullenly.

"Oh of course it's you two," she murmured, walking forward.

"What's going on in there," Draco stood up.

"Nothing important," She replied, "What do you need,"

Draco gestured to his face and which the woman fixed with a flick of her wand, "Is that it,"

At that moment shouts erupted from inside the hospital wing.

Draco and Hermione shared a look, a thousand words.

Hermione stumbled backwards tripping on the stairs and falling with a yelp.

"Oh dear," Madam Pomfrey yelled hurrying after her.

Draco took the opportunity to run through the unguarded doors to the hospital wing.

He cursed loudly at the sight before his eyes.