I'd Have You Any Day Potter

School went on as normal although stress began to build as exams neared and everyone seemed ready to snap.

Draco had yet to have been asked to the ball by Harry and he seemed to get reminded by it when a new person asked the raven haired boy every night at dinner.

He always ignored Hermiones sympathetic gaze as Harry rejected another person but still didn't ask him.

Tonight he didn't even wait for Harry to finish eating and instead hurried off to his own dorm, emptiness tingling in every bone of his body, fuzzing over his brain.

Because of this he didn't see Hermione yank Harry to the side as everyone else left the hall later on.

"Ow what Hermione," Harry snapped, rubbing his wrist.

Hermione shoved him and he stumbled backwards, "Harry James Lupin Black Potter, what on earth are you playing at," She spoke keeping her voice hushed although no one seemed to give them a second glance.

Harry frowned, "What and what's with the name-."

"Oh my gosh Harry," She sighed with exasperation, "Exams start on Monday, which is tomorrow and the ball is on SUNDAY."

Harry's frowned deepened, "Yes I was aware, I do have a calendar Mione."

"And who are you planning on going to the ball with?" She asked lowering her voice as another wave of students passed.

"I mean I wasn't planning on going, I wouldn't know who to ask."

"WHAT ABOUT YOUR BOYFRIEND, im sure he would kill to go with you," She spoke, in shock that she even had to suggest it.

Harry paused a moment, "I just didn't know if he would want to, I mean the whole school would be there and we're not necessarily out yet," He mumbled.

Hermione sighed, "You can only find out by asking him and if i were you i'd do it sooner rather than later."

With that she walked off, leaving Harry to ponder how on earth he hadn't thought of asking Draco.

The next morning Draco wasn't at breakfast.

"Pansy," Harry called across the table and Pansy looked up, almost scowling when she saw him.

"What Potter."

"Wheres Draco, exams start today and he needs to eat a good breakfast if he wants to focus and do wel-," Harry spoke quickly.

"Harry he's fine," she said looking almost sympathetic for the raven haired boy, "hes just tired but i'll bring him food.

"Right," Harry said dropping his head back to his plate.

He saw Draco in their first exam although he was sitting too far away to get his attention and he never once glanced in Harry's direction.

The raven haired boy decided to ask him after dinner tonight although Draco didn't show his face at dinner either.

This continued till Friday, a long chase of Draco disappearing whenever Harry laid eyes on him.

He had seemingly given up all hope by Friday night and with their exams being done he finally let the guilt fully settle in.

A few gently tears rolled down his cheek as he sat in the dark dorm, his knees pulled into his chest as the noise of the other snoring boys surrounded him.

With a sigh he stood, picked up his glasses and wand and headed for the door. His carpet muffled the noise of his steps as he slowly walked through the common room.

"You should be in bed it's after curfew," The fat lady murmured tiredly as he pushed the door open and stepped out into the hallways.

Harry just shot her a glare and continued towards the astronomy tower. He usually ended up there when he couldn't sleep, there was something about the stars that seemed to soothe him.

He continued undisturbed towards the tower, his eyes still foggy with tears and his heart pumping nervously.

He paused at the bottom of the staircase, a wave of nostalgia washing over him.

"Promise me Harry." Dumbledores voice fluttered through his mind and he felt his heart skip a beat. He hadn't been here since that fateful night and suddenly every voice in his mind was telling him to turn around, to run.

But instead he took another step, one foot on the stairs.

And then another slowly climbing the staircase as tears fell from his eyes.

He eventually reached the top, his eyes falling to the place where his professors dead body had fallen.

Unannounced tears caught silently on his lips before tumbling down his chin. 

"Harry," Draco's voice echoed round the tower and Harrys spun round to find Draco sitting on the edge watching him.

"Draco," Harry answered rubbing his eyes, although his voice came out a pitch too high.

"Sorry, I know you don't want to see me right now, i'll go," Harry continued stepping back.

"Haz, you're obviously not alright, please sit," Draco sighed, tapping the floor beside him.

The teary cheeks of the green eyed boy immediately shut down any sort of feeling of hatred he held towards him.

Harry sat down and Draco placed his hand on the boys knee, squeezing it reassuringly, "I wouldn't ever not want to see you Harry, even if you ripped my heart to shreds i would never hate you, alright."

Harry squeezed his eyes shut for a moment, "I'm sorry, i've been such a horrible boyfriend and-."

"No no stop, you haven't done anything wrong," Draco cut in.

"Yes, I have and so I want to know if you'll still be my date to the ball and I know that I took forever to ask but I-."

Draco cut him off with a kiss, "I'd love to, but first you need to teach me how to dance."

"I'm not that good myself," Harry laughed wryly.

"Come on then Pottah, lets see some moves," Draco sang standing to his feet and dancing around stupidly.

Harry chuckled and stood to his feet again, following after Draco and pulling him into his chest as they began to waltz around stupidly at the top of the astronomy tower.