Merry Surprises

Harry woke much later in the day to a faint, odd smell coming from the kitchen.

He groaned as pins and needles began to spring up his arm from Draco dead weight curled up on it.

"Fangs," he spoke hoarsely nudging Draco till he woke.

Draco opened his eyes  and rolled onto his back, freeing the other boys arm.

"Get up," Harry murmured shoving Draco softly.

The boy rubbed his eyes and a smile flashed onto his face only to be quickly replaced.

Draco felt his stomach fall as his memories came back and suddenly he had the urge to run and be sick.

But then there was Harry's smiling face, taking some of the weight, and there were his hands on his shoulders, helping him up and two hands intertwined as they headed out of their room.

"What on earth," Harry exclaimed as he stepped into the kitchen. A plate of freshly baked and mainly burnt cookies lay on a chipped plate on the dining table and a drooping pine tree, decorated with flashing lights sat in the corner.

"IT'S CHRISTMAS," Harry's mouth gaped open, "OH MY MERLIN I FORGOT CHRISTMAS."

"Sorry it's a tad messy," Sirius grinned, dressed in the most atrocious christmas jumper "Rem usually takes over the Christmas decorations but he had to go back to London."

"It's Christmas?" Draco questioned quietly but even his mouth turned up slightly.

"I know kid, I almost forgot as well," Alastor huffed walking down the stairs his feet and cane clacking on the floor, although his voice was overtaken by Harry's.

"ARE THOSE PRESENTS," he shrieked, tightening his grip on Draco's hand and pulling him forward to the tree.

Draco laughed softly and a triumphant smile spread across Sirius face as he raised his eyebrows at Alastor.

Turns out since Lucius's capture Remus had been allowing owls which resulted in a series of letters and gifts from and not limited to; all of the Weasleys, Hermione, Pansy, Blaise, Luna and even a few Hogwarts teachers.

Harry who had received the most, shared most of his gifts with Draco who was pleasantly surprised to find a jumper from Mrs Weasley in emerald green with a large silver 'D' on the front.

"Stand for dick, which you are and have a lot of," Harry whispered in his ear and Draco blushed, smacking him around the head.

And although Harry continuously made jokes about it and the fact that it was rather hideous, Draco slipped it on immediately and refused to take it off, even considering the torpid heat of the house.

It was only after cookies had been eaten and presents unwrapped that the packing began, not that it took long considering all it needed was a wave of a wand.

"Come on, time to go," Sirius called out.

"Hold on a second," Draco spoke to Harry who took his trunk as he hurried up the stairs.

He paused for a moment on the first landing, his hand on the cool metal doorknob he slowly turned.

The door squeaked open, instantly hitting him with the strong smell of parchment and books.

It had been Mark who had shown him the room first, it was after Draco had told him about his interest in reading that he had been shown the library.

Mark had been using it as a study and it was a rather nice one at that. A large bookcase lined the left wall, piled with books and a long wooden desk stood in the middle of the room, staring out the window in front.