Chapter Nine

When the weekend rolled around again and the October weather became more chilly Leigh found herself counting the days since he said he'd visit. Robert Ezara was her boyfriend of one year but they had a whole six year history behind them. They'd met on the set of 'At The Top' and being three years older than her, Leigh thought he could teach her some things about the industry but as time progressed their friendship turned romantic and there was no stopping the whirlwind of media watching each move they made as a couple. It was an off again, on again type of relationship mainly because of the pressure they felt to be the perfect couple from the media. But they had been on for a year now and in her mind- despite his lack of effort- they were still going strong.

The long distance had been exactly what they needed and when Leigh moved away seven months ago she was shocked that Robert was okay with the idea of a relationship where they couldn't physically see or touch each other for long periods of time. But he was okay with the idea- in fact he seemed to be the one who pushed her to make the move. Robert knew she wasn't happy in LA and felt as though he was the only person keeping her there and didn't want to be the reason why she didn't strive for her dreams. Although he had admitted to her when they Skype called a couple of months into her move that he hadn't expected her to move as far away as she did. Robert promised he'd visit her in her new home after his six month filming process wrapped but that was four months ago and each time he was scheduled to fly out after that something always came up. She couldn't blame him though, he was a busy man and had a whole career to focus on but from time to time she began to wonder why they'd still remained in a relationship for that long- it surely wasn't healthy.

The knock at her door brought her from her thoughts and she switched off the TV. When she opened the door a man dressed in a leather jacket stood before her. He had a cap pulled low on his forehead and he was looking down. It wasn't until she heard his deep voice that she recognised the man holding a bouquet of flowers. "I couldn't wait..." He glanced up and grinned widely. "I've missed you," Robert said as he pulled Leigh into a tight hug and planted a kiss on her lips.

She breathed in and nestled her head further into his chest taking in the familiar scent of home. "I've missed you too," Leigh said, her voice muffled by his shirt. She pulled away and noticed the wetness now present on his shirt. "I'm sorry," she admitted and wiped the tears from her eyes.

"It's okay." Robert ran his hand over her head and down to her cheek. "I feel the same. So this is you're place..."

"Yeah. It's not much but it's home."

Robert nodded in understanding. "You're happy here?" He said as if it were a question.

"I am. I love it here. I really do," she said and glanced down at the papers she'd been working on that laid on the coffee table. She was planning an expansion for Donne farm even though Brett had told her it wasn't any of her concern but she didn't see the harm in trying and getting Maggie's opinion. They took a seat on the couch, Robert at one end and Leigh at the other.

"You know I love you Leigh, but what about your job. Richard called me..."

"You spoke to Richard? Is that why you're here? I've made up my mind about that."

"I'm not here to change your mind."

"Then why are you here? Because you miss me all of a sudden? You promised you'd be here four months ago. I waited for you at the airport like an idiot and you never showed. You didn't even text me until three hours after your flight should have landed. How do you think that made me feel?"

"Shitty," he answered and stared at the floor. "I'm sorry."

"I forgave you because I love you but not once have you asked what I've been up to, if I have any friends or whether I'm working on my music. You never seem to ask me anything..."