| Fifteen

THE NEXT day, Emery is too worn out to even get out of bed. She doesn't head down to the kitchen to get her usual cereal, instead staring at the wall longer than she'd like to admit.

She even woke up at the time she usually does for school, but found herself stuck to her bed, thus missing school. She was embarrassed that she didn't even know how to get back up and face everyone.

She doesn't know how long she'll stay here. Hopefully forever, she thinks.

She falls in and out of sleep, which really all feel the same to her. Eventually, the clock hits 4:00 and she makes one tally mark on a paper pad, counting the first day she sulked in bed.

There's a knock at the door, sounding out from downstairs. She pays no mind to it, until it gets louder and she remembers that she's the only person home. For the first time in her life, it takes a certain amount of strength to get out of the warm covers.

When Emery reaches the door, she puts her eye up to the peephole. She sees the big jerk face. She rolls her eyes, sliding down the door.

"Go away!" She yells through the door, ready to make her way back to her bed.

"Emery, I didn't make those pictures." Harven states, but Emery is only left stunned that he is still lying.

"Whatever. You probably just asked someone to do it for you." Emery scoffs, wondering which one of those was the case.

"No, I wasn't involved, but I'm gonna find out who was, okay? And I'm going to bring proof." Harven says determinedly.

Emery doesn't answer and eventually Harven leaves. She could never believe his word, he's never proved to have an inkling of liking to her.

But what's scary is that she wants to believe him.

I shouldn't be fraternizing with the enemy!

________________
(Still 3rd person, but switching gears to Harven's perspective)

Harven leaves her house, completely confused. Of course she's blaming him for this, what has he done to convince her to believe him at all?

He has no idea where to start in figuring out who did this, but he's going to find one. It's the right thing to do. Who would frame him?

The next day at school, Harven heads to the office as soon as he enters the building. With a knock on the principal's door, he's let in by the short man.

He takes a seat and gets to the point.

"The thing with Emery," He knows that he must've seen it and is working to get it taken down as quick as possible, which is not very quick, "What will happen? Is there something at stake?" Harven asks, hoping he gets the answer he wants.

Mr. Wayne cocks a brow. "Yes actually. She was in the running for a scholarship." He admits.

Harven swallows. "Was?"

"I told her not to pull anything. This is a very difficult matter." Mr. Wayne sighs.

Harven struggles to come up with anything that could convince him. "Please, sir. This was a mistake, it isn't her. Somebody edited that." He says.

"I don't know, Mr. Aller, if the officials see this..."

"It isn't fucking fair!" Harven Insisted.

"Calm down, Harven." Mr. Wayne says sternly.

"Sorry, but please do all that you can. She doesn't deserve this." Harven shakes his head.

The man takes a long look in his eyes, deciding or trying to figure the boy out. The boy can't see what he does.

"I will do what I can. Your valiant efforts prove that you must be a good friend to Ms. Leighton?" Mr. Wayne forms a soft smile.

Harven hesitates. "Something like it." He nods once, and makes his way out of the office. Once outside, he's glad he's achieved a small victory. Now he must figure out who actually did it.

"Harven<33?" He would never put hearts in his user?!

He feels insulted that somebody would frame him and use hearts by his name. Unacceptable.

He tells himself that he was just doing the right thing in that office because it seemed necessary. Harven firmly sticks by that.

But You and I know much better.