| Thirty

EMERY RUMMAGES through her closet in a desperate attempt to find an outfit for her date with Harven. Never wanting to impress him before, she feels the need to now.

She settles on a floral cami with lace details, and throws a cropped white sweater on top. She pairs it with high waisted shorts and leaves her hair down in careless waves. Her usual converse complete the look.

Emery waits on her bed, leg bouncing, thinking about all the places he could take her. She's actually nervous, which even she finds surprising.

She hears the knock on her door, and quickly heads down to open the it. She's met with Harven, who's looks as handsome as usual. He's clad in a regular white shirt, paired with a denim jacket. He wears dark blue jeans.

Harven looks down her outfit, and his eyebrow twitches.

"You look beautiful, as always." He grins, and Emery pushes him out of the door.

"Come on, I hate blushing!" She pushes him all the way to the car, where he opens the door for her.

"Oh that's just the beginning." He smirks. She groans, getting in the car. Harven quickly jogs to the other side.

______________

They arrive at an aquarium and Emery gasps when she sees the sign.

"An aquarium! I've always wanted to go to one of these!" She marvels at the large building. Harven grins, thinking he did a good job.

When they walk in, Emery runs over to the huge fish area. She follows some fish along the side. There's crabs on the bottom that she crouches down to stare at.

Harven catches up with her and crouches down, too.

"I take it you like it here?" He chuckles. She turns around and throws her arms around him, almost splaying them both across the linoleum floor. She gives him a light kiss on the cheek.

"It's amazing. I wish I brought my journal, I could write down everything." She looks back to the fishes.

"I'm sure they have some in the shops. Look over there." He gestures towards a shop on the other side of the escalator.

"No, no wait. We have to see the sharks!" Emery grabs his hand, dragging him along with her.

They stop at the sharks and take a picture in front of them. Next, Harven takes a picture of Emery in front of the blob fish. He takes a look at the photo.

"It looks just like you!" He laughs. Emery rolls her eyes playfully. She links her pinky around his, and they walk along, looking at different displays for about an hour.

After buying a journal, they take a break in the food court. They both order burgers, Emery making sure to specify for no pickles.

While waiting for the food, Emery pulls out the journal and records everything she remembers about each aquatic animal. She even puts down that Harven thinks she looks like the blob fish on its page, laughing softly.

Harven quietly watches her from across the table. His eyes are full of adoration, and he's broken out of it when he hears their order number.

He brings back the food, and hands Emery her burger. They begin to eat, being so hungry from walking the entire aquarium.

After the first bite, Emery starts feeling stuffy. She swallows hard, shuffling in her seat and feeling uncomfortable. She feels like she can't get air in, gasping. She knows this particular feeling all too well.

They put damn pickles in the burger.

Harven notices her turning red, and starts to worry.

"The pickles.." Emery rasps, "Allergic."

Emery feels hot and physically feels her airway closing. Harven is already on the phone, talking fast.

Her eyesight blurs until it's pitch black.