| Thirty-four

EMERY WAKES to something feathery touching her face. It's soft, and bounces around from her cheek to her ear. It tickles a bit and she moves her head.

When she opens her eyes, Harven is there, leaving light kisses along her skin. She laughs, hiding her face in his chest so his lips can't reach her anymore.

"Good morning, Emery." He says in his deep morning voice. She smirks to herself.

"Morning." She throws a leg around his waist and snuggles in more. Her hands rest on his toned stomach, drawing random shapes.

"Emery..." He warns. She furrows her brows, shrugging innocently. She's happy to have him like this, disheveled hair and sleepy eyes.

"I love you." She mutters, distracted with the invisible art she draws onto his skin.

"And I love you." He whispers, kissing her on the crown of her head.

_____________

Later in the day, Emery and May walk around the mall, looking for a prom dress. May looks through a rack while Emery stands around.

"Why aren't you looking?" May asks.

"Well, Harven hasn't actually asked me yet." She shrugs. May rolls her eyes and stops looking.

"You know he will so just pick one." She says.

"I don't know that!" Emery defends. May looks at her dumbly, shaking her head.

Emery thinks about when Harven will ask her, and if he wants to match. Probably not, but still. She goes ahead and looks through the racks of dresses. One catches her eye, and she takes it into the dressing room.

When she looks in the mirror, she is in awe:

The dusty blue compliments her skin tone perfectly, and she adores the floral detail

The dusty blue compliments her skin tone perfectly, and she adores the floral detail. Not too flashy, but elegant. It was perfect for Emery.

She walks out to show May, and even she is amazed. May tells Emery to spin this way and that, loving the dress.

"Emery, you have to get that one. It's beautiful." May gives her another once over. Emery debates on it, but ultimately knows she has to get it. She buys a pair of dusty pink heels to match.

Harven hasn't even asked me yet!

______________

Later, while Emery plays a bit on her violin, Harven walks in the door. He doesn't make his presence known right away, he just leans against the doorframe watching Emery play the lovely melodies.

Emery puts it down, jumping when she turns to see Harven.

"That wasn't creepy at all." Emery says sarcastically. Harven rolls his eyes, and heads over in her direction.

"I never knew you played the violin. Is there anything you can't do?" He looks at her with adoration. She thinks about it.

"No, not really." She smiles, and Harven laughs.

"Hey, stay humble. I know having me as a boyfriend can make you feel pretty special." He crosses his arms.

"No, it just makes me annoyed." She nods, and he rolls his eyes. She wraps her arms around him, needing some comfort after a long day of exhausting shopping.

"Okay, before I get off track, I actually came here to ask you something." He says, looking down at her. She furrows her brows.

"Yes?"

"Will you be my prom date?" He asks, with a cheesy grin.

"No, I'll be Kade's prom date."

"That's not funny."

"I'm kidding, of course I'm going to be your prom date!" She laughs, kissing him on the cheek to get rid of his salty expression.

"Don't dress in anything that will blow me away too much." He says.

"I think I might've already achieved that." She shrugs, thinking about the amazing dress she bought earlier.

"You already bought a dress?" He asks, exasperated.

She widens her eyes. "I'm sorry, May made me do it." She hides her head in his chest, knowing she should have waited for him.

"No, it's fine, I'm just behind." He shakes his head.

"Well, don't find a suit that will blow me away too much." She copies, smirking.

"I blow you away naturally." He shrugs, and she rolls her eyes.

"Oh get out of here." She pushes him towards the door, almost closing it, before he stops it with his hand.

"Wait, wait." He pushes the door open, and catches her lips softly in a deep kiss. She returns it, before pushing him all the way down to the front door.

"Tell Tate to hurry up as well, May has higher expectations than me." Emery shouts. Harven furrows his brows.

"You don't have high expectations?" He gasps.

"I'm dating you. I'm prepared for anything." She finishes, leaving him flabbergasted on the lawn.

But, they both knew she was wrong. Harven would go above and beyond for his Emery.