CHAPTER 20: Parents

The rest of the week went on great. I woke up at 9:00 I wanted to sleep in more since it was on a Saturday but i had to meet Coda.

I got up a took a shower when i came out Blane was already awake. He got up when he saw me.

"Goodmorning Martinez"

"Goodmorning Saint John"

He kissed my forehead and asked if i had plans.

"Yeah i have to meet my friend, Coda i told you remember"

"Oh yeah sure I can't come with"

"I'm pretty sure he just wants to speak to me"

"I'm going to have to meet him if he the reason you didn't sleep till 11 on a Saturday"

"Are your trying to say I'm lazy"

"I didn't but you just did"

"Fuck you"

"If that's what you want"

I gasped and threw him a pillow.

"Pervert!"

He got out and went to the pool for a swim. When i was done i went downstairs and told Blane bye and drove off.

I arrived at the Café after about it was about an hour away from Blane's house. When i got there Coda was already waiting for me.

I said hello to Coda and ordered Coffee and a box of donuts for both of us of course.

I observed him for a while he look like he was in desperate need of sleep. He had bags. Even his hair was unkept and he looked like he just put on the First thing he say.

"What's wrong you don't look so great?"

"Just family issues,"

"You can tell me if you want"

He took a minute as if thinking about my offer then he said

"Its a long story..."

"I'm hear to listen to you aren't I.. Believe it or not speaking to Strangers helps alot"

He chuckled a little.

"I wouldn't say your a stranger"

"Good now I'm all ears"

"My dad, he and my mom are not very good terms he left over two months ago saying he needed a break. I know they have being having problems but i thought they would get through but i don't see that happening. It happened once when i was little they kept on fighting but the figured it but i don't think that's the case this time. My mom is drinking and doing drugs she almost over drugged herself earlier this week"

"Coda, I'm sorry your going through this but I think you guys would be better off without him if he is causing all this pain"

"That's what i think but my mom is so in love with him she just......"

He held he nose rubbing it.

I got up and hugged it felt like a natural thing. He accepted my attempt to comfort him.

"I don't know why Victoria but talking to you is just really refreshing"

"I'm hear for you anytime"

I went back to sit and gave him a smile. I thought of how some men could just be such bastards. How could he have such a wonderful family and leave them for some other woman.

After a few minutes he decided to loosen up a bit so we just talk a little bit and he said he had to leave. He insisted on paying for the coffee and donuts so I let him.