CHAPTER 30: Connecting

I woke unexpectedly early on a Saturday. I woke up and did my usual but not in a very happy mood.

I went downstairs for breakfast since i could literally smell the food from my room.

"Hey sweetheart" Logan said.

My mom turned around and hugged me and asked me how my day was yesterday.

"Well it good till it wasn't. By the way Gwen is coming over in an hour am going for a sleepover at her place"

I could see my mom tense but tried to remain calm.

I walked to the other side of the island and took my share of breakfast.

"Logan this breakfast is amazing?"

"How did you know i made it?"

"Cause mom can't cook to save her own life" i said and we all burst into laughter. It felt normal almost natural.

It was my mother's first time meeting Gwen and talking to her. She was a little tense i could notice. But Logan calmed her.

Logan and Gwen were on good terms they talked. Turns out she grew to notice that her dad really wasn't happy hence her mom also wasn't happy.

They talked with Logan and sorted things out i guess. Coda is cool woth anything.

He cares about his mom more and she thought it would be for the best if they split up.

Soon enough we heard a knock on the door. I got up but not before making sure mom was okay.

When i opened the door there she was in just leggings and a Champion hoody and a pair of sunglasses.

She looked nice even without trying.

"Hey sorry i look a mess but i woke up late and just had to rush"

"Are you kidding me you look great... I don't see any mess"

We hugged then ushered her to enter our little family house.

"Hey Princess" Logan said as he stood up to hug her Daughter.

I wasn't even jealous cause i knew he was finally here with me and mom. I had nothing against him and the love for his other children which i thought i would.

The hugged and talked for while until my mom came into view.

"Princess, this is Hali, Victoria's mother"

"Hello Mrs Martinez"

"Please Call me Hali, i feel i should apologize to you for you know" my mother said.

"Oh Hali its okay water under the bridge. If everyone is happy then who am I to go against it"

"Is your mom okay?" Logan said abruptly

"Yeah mom is coping. She is in Rehab but she is making progress"

"That's good i really didn't mean for any of this Princess."

"Its okay Papa, Coda is taking good care of me. He literally the strict mom kids complain about" she said and we all laughed.

Papa, i thought would i be able to call him that also. Maybe one day i might.

I know what you think Gwen is a totally different person. She is. She used to wear the mask painted her to be nad she was happy to play the part ahe explained it to me.

She actually loves cooking and want's to be a Chef when she completes her course in the university she wants to go to.

We stayed for about an hour since mom wanted to know Gwen more and the got along well. Mom even told her to call ger is she wanted to talk to someone and I wasn't available.