CHAPTER 23: Logan Martinez

"he's my dad too" Gwen said.

I was quiet at first cause she was obviously joking. It was literally impossible.

" Some pranks are very childish even for you Gwen"

"Look Victoria i know i have been horrible but do you think i would joke about something like this. I'm dead serious"

She did look serious but how it was just impossible i would have seen him. But now that i thought about it i have never seen her dad.

"But how? Can just explain it please from the start?"

"Okay. My mom and my Dad were married young but my mom was loaded cause my grandfather is rich so they didn't have money problems. It was all fairies and bunnies until my mom gave birth to my older brother and he got involved with another Woman, your mother. And it was bad she started drugs and what not but then my mom got pregnant again but dad was till with the other woman.

He used to come back home but he doesn't stay long maybe three days then went back. My mom had to suck it up cause she was pregnant she had to take care of herself and my brother. Then after she gave birth to me she thought maybe Dad would finally come back home but he didn't. He stayed away longer but still went back home.

It went on until i was about to turn five. My mom had had enough when she found about that they had a child, you and you even had his name. She was furious so she called Grandfather.

She didn't want to divorce Dad so she just needed Grandfather to scare him into leaving your mom completely. So my Grandfather offered Dad money and one of his companies and he accepted on the condition he loses all contact with you guys not even check up on your guys.

But now mom is worried and she's on drugs again and she's really in a bad state and my Dad is with your mom God knows where?"

I was processing what i just heard the truth about my dad and mom. My mother ruined their family she came in between dad's marriage. It was wrong.

And me. I'm a result of adultery. How could my mom keep this from me. All these years she never thought to tell me oh by the way your dad has another family.

So Logan didn't leave me cause i was fat it was a cover up. He left me for money. He left my mom and I to struggle while he was just handed a company and a shit load of money.

I can't believe how selfish he was. So Gwen is my step sister and she even has an older brother I've also never known about that.

"I'm sorry "

"Why are you apologizing?"

"Cause it's my mom's fault your family had a hard time. I can't imagine how your mom felt?"

"I wouldn't feel so bad it's not like she cared about the family she just wanted him!"

I couldn't understand what she meant. If Logan went back then obviously they are a family again.

"What do you mean Gwen?"

"My mom, she is just as selfish as her husband. Do you know she left us. They moved away both of them but they choose to leave us, My brother and I with a nanny. She said we were in the way of their love. So they moved to take care of the company but they do take care of us financially and they visit for holidays. sometimes."

"Wow am really sorry Gwen!"

"I don't want pity Victoria. I'm very okay with my situation I learned to accept it. But now my mom is back with drugs and everything. I don't care but my brother he's wrapped around her finger and he's stressing and I care about him."

"So what do you want me to do?"

"I just thought you should know the truth cause you clearly didn't and decide whether or not you want a man like him back into your lives cause i know i wouldn't."

She was right I don't want my mom with a man like him.

"Thanks Gwen. But can i ask you a question?"

"Go ahead"

"Is that the reason you were always so mean to me?"

She looked at me at first. Then said
"I guess. But my brother recently helped me see your the person to be angry at its all my dad's fault. So I'm really sorry about my behaviour maybe we can even be sisters. I've alway wanted one."

I was taken back by that but Gwen and i are sisters and i don't blame her even i would be mad if my dad had an affair.

"I would really like that Gwen" i said

She smiled and looked at her phone then she said.

"Maybe you could also meet my brother you would love him but now its getting really dark i should get home i live really far."

"Its okay no problem"

We both got up and I paid for our meal and we both drove off.

On the way home i was still thinking about the whole situation it was pretty messed up.

I hated my Dad even more now that i knew the truth. I just needed to realise my anger cause i was pretty angry but i couldn't go off at Gwen since she was also a victim.

I needed to go off on him, Logan Martinez and i couldn't believe i said this but i couldn't wait to see him face to face and let out all my thoughts.

When i got to the house Alex and Brian had already left and Blane had just prepared the table for dinner.

I said hello and sat down i thought about telling him but decided it wasn't the right moment i would tell him on Saturday I myself needed time to accept it all in.

When were finished we washed up and i told him i met Gwen but i assured him we just talked he reluctantly agreed to not asking questions until i decided to talk to him and i really appreciated that.

She snuggled in bed together and we slept but not before i forced him to study with me for the test for at least thirty minutes.

I was very tired mentally and physically so i quickly drifted off to sleep.