interrogation

the whole school day was weird, to say the least. kids were looking at jacob and whispering, but anytime julia had a class with him, he'd stay silent. which is unlike him, usually he'd be cracking jokes or he'd be telling julia about a new video game he's been playing. they were new walking back from school, jacob wanted her to say over again, but once they turned onto jacobs street, there were cop cars lined up in front of his house. jacob gave her a look before they turned to walk away. "where are we going?" she whispered. "i don't know, but i cant be home right now." he replied.

it was now night time and they ended up at an elementary school park, sitting in silence on the swings. a bright light shined on the two, it was a police officer. the police officer ended up taking jacob, leaving julia confused and alone in the cold park. she immediately dialed lauries number, explaining the whole situation before her and andy cape to pick her up and go down to the police station.

laurie paced around the room while julia was sitting a chair away from andy, fidgeting with her hands. suddenly the door opened and jacob came in with a police officer. the officer unblocked jakes handcuffs, before leaving the room. jacob immediately pulled laurie and andy into an embrace. once they pulled away he turned to julia, pulling her into the tightest embrace, both of them not wanting to let go.

"they really think i killed ben?" jacob asked. "it's a mistake. we're going to figure it out, don't worry." andy explained. "how is this even happening?" jacob asked. "i don't know, but we're gonna clear it up." andy replied. "sweetheart we know you're scared, we all are," laurie said, "they said i can go home." jacob said, but it came out as more as a question. "no, not tonight. but there's going to be an arrangement, first thing in the morning." andy said. "i don't even know what that is." jacob said. "it's just a proceeding, they're gonna read the charge, they're gonna set the bail, than we'll take you right home." andy explained. "are you sure?" jacob asked. "absolutely." andy reassured. "you'll be home by dinner, i give you my word." andy said. "how much is bail?" jacob asked. "i don't know, we'll find that out tomorrow." andy said. "what if we can't afford it? what happens to me then?" jacob asked, "we'll find the money, it's okay." andy reassured. "we have savings, the house," laurie explained before jacob cut her off. "yeah but what if-" jacob started before andy than cut him off. "hey, let us worry about that, okay?" he said.

jacob began tearing up, looking down at the ground. "i'm s- i'm so sorry, i didn't- i didn't do it, i swear, i didn't do it." jacob said, a tear slipped from julia's eye. she quickly brought her sleeve up to her cheek, wiping it away, but jacob noticed it and gave her a sympathetic look. "we believe you." andy said. "i know i'm not like the perfect kid, or anything, but i didn't do it." jacob said. "you are perfect, sweetheart." laurie said. "i didn't even know ben, he was just like this kid from school, why would i kill him? why- why would they think that, is it because of what derek said?" jacob asked. "i don't know." andy replied. "what do you mean you don't know? this is your case!" jacob said. "jake, did you tell the arresting officer that you found bens body? is that true?" andy asked. "honey, how could you not tell us that?" laurie asked. "i didn't tell anybody, i-i thought you know, that i'd get blamed for it. i know that was really, dumb of me. i know that i wish i had, i just, i got scared, a-and, mom please don't cry." jacob said. "jake, i need you to listen to me very carefully, okay? don't say anything to anybody else about this, do you understand what i'm saying? it's very important, i mean, it not one word. when we get home we can talk about all this, but until then-" andy said but got cut off by a knock on the door. "your leaving me? they're not gonna let you say?" jacob asked. "we're gonna meet you at the courthouse first thing in the morning, we'll have a lawyer-" andy said before jacob cut him off. "why can't you be my lawyer?" he asked. "i cant." andy said. "why not? i want you." jacob said. "i cant for a number of reasons, it's a bad idea." andy explained. the officer knocked on the door again, causing everyone to get up. julia immediately went in for another hug. "i love you so much, jake." she said. "i love you too." he sniffled.