mexico

julia and jacob sat next to each other on a couch that was placed in the middle of a hotel lobby. laurie, and and jacob insisted julia came with them to mexico, not that she was complaining. "it's fun in the sun." a girl that was sitting next to them said. "what?" jacob asked. "the wifi password, fun in the sun, all one word. fun and sun are in caps." the girl explained. "thank you." jacob replied. the girl stared at him for a second, causing julia to shift uncomfortably. "can i ask, are you, jacob barber?" the girl asked. "yea," jacob said. "wow. i mean, i thought so but i wasn't entirely sure. must be kinda weird getting recognized.." the girl said. julia felt a tiny bit jealous but she brushed it off because she didn't want this to end up like last time where she got jealous over sarah. she just went back to her phone and let them carry on with their conversation.

a day has went by and so far jacob and julia have mostly been swimming and trying all the crazy foods mexico had to offer. they'd also been hanging around with hope, the girl from the lobby. she showed them around a little bit. now they were all going kaiaking into the ocean.

"it's so beautiful, right?" julia asked as she glanced over at the sun setting besides her. her and jacob walked hand in hand by the shore, the cool water coming up occasionally to their ankles, not that it mattered. "yeah, it is. but do you wanna know what's more beautiful?" he asked. "oh god, here comes the cheesy pickup line." julia joked. "you." jacob said, looking her straight in the eye. blush rose up to their cheeks before julia leaned in, pecking jacob on the lips. "i love you, so much." jacob said as they pulled away. "i love you too." julia replied as they began walking again. "oh yeah, hope is having like a bonfire tonight, are you up to going?" jacob asked. "mm maybe. are you parents okay with us going?" julia asked. "i havent asked them yet." jacob replied. "i guess if they're okay with it than yeah, i guess we can go." julia said.

"goodnight gone wrong." jacob said as he crashed down onto the bed. "yea, i cant believe hope just left." julia said, also laying down next to him. "i wanna cuddle." jacob said, trying to roll next to her but she pushed him away. "no, you're all sweaty." julia giggled "ugh, i don't wanna go shower." jacob whined. "too bad." julia said. "fine but you better agree to cuddling with me when i'm done." jacob said, rolling out of bed. "mhm." julia mumbled. a few minutes went by before jacob finally got out of the shower. "there i'm all clean." jacob said, laying next to her again. "now can we cuddle?" he asked. "nope, i gotta shower now." julia said. "come on," jacob whined. "sorry, jake." she said shrugging.

"okay now we're cuddling, no more excuses." jacob said, wrapping an arm around her waist while her head laid on his chest. "you're so needy." julia teased. "i don't care." he said. "hi, thought you were gonna text us before you left." laurie said, walking into the room. "yeah, sorry i forgot." jacob replied. "you guys have fun at the party?" laurie asked. "hope was more into it than me." jacob said, shrugging. "how was dinner?" jacob asked. "it was really nice." andy said. "didn't you have your white shirt one?" laurie asked. "i left it at the beach by accident." jacob said. "you guys didn't wanna hang out downstairs, watch the fireworks?" andy asked. "no. hope stayed actually." jacob replied. "at the beach? her parents were okay with that?" laurie asked, concern laced in her voice. "i guess. she said she texted them." jacob explained. "well, we're gonna watch the ball drop in our room, you guys wanna join us?" laurie asked. "it's okay. we're good." jacob replied. "alright, happy new year guys." laurie and andy said. "happy new year." jacob and julia said.