innocent

today was the day of jacobs trial and julia couldn't be more anxious. she tried distracting herself with things all day but nothing helped. she was nervous to see the outcome of things, though she didn't believe jacob did it, there's still a major possibility he did. "honey, why don't you help me cook, it'll calm your nerves a bit." claire suggested. julia hesitated for a moment before stepping besides her mom and helping her whisk some thick batter. claire tried talking to her, willingly suggested that julia could vent to her, but she declined.

any minute now, he'll be calling. julia thought to herself as she paced around the room, eyes glancing over at her phone every few seconds. as soon as she heard her phone start to ring, she ran to it. "hello?" she asked, not even bothering to read the contact name. "i'm not guilty." jacob muttered. why isn't he more excited? julia thought to herself. "that's great jake! is it okay to come over?" julia asked. "yeah." jacob replied. they exchanged their goodbyes before julia was sprinting out the door to jakes house. jake was waiting outside for her on his porch. his eyes lit up when he saw her approaching. "hey-" jacob said before he got cut off by julia pulling him into an embrace, which jacob gladly returned. "i'm so happy you're not leaving me." julia muttered. "me too." jacob said, pressing his lips to the top of her head. "hey, are you okay? you seemed a little off on the phone." julia asked, pulling away. "yeah, it's just- i have this weird feeling my mom still thinks i did it. i um- i wrote a story about ben and i guess that put her on edge." jacob explained. "story?" julia asked. "yeah um about hurting ben.." jacob said, almost whispering the last part. "jake- why?" she asked. "i don't know, i guess because he bullied me so much.." jacob said. "but you're okay, right?" she asked. "i'm always okay when i'm with you." he said. a smile spread across the both of their faces before they leaned in, connecting their lips. "i love you so much." jacob said. "i love you too, barber." she said.