first kisses

julia nervously fidgeted with her fingers as derek was telling her something about their science class. she wasn't really paying attention, she cared more about jacob walking through her bedroom door than she did about her science homework. this is such a bad idea, this is such a bad idea- her thoughts got cut short by the sound of her door opening. "hey julia-" jacob said before he cut himself off by the sight of derek sitting in one of her bean bag chairs while she sat on her bed. "derek? what are you doing here?" jacob asked. "helping julia study, she's a little behind in science, don't worry jake, she's all yours." derek said. both julia and jacobs cheeks heated up at his sentence. "that's not funny." jacob said, rolling his eyes. "are you getting on call of duty later?" derek asked as he flung his book bag over his shoulder. "yeah, probably." jacob replied. "alright, i'll see you on xbox later and you at school tomorrow." derek said before walking out. "what was that all about?" jacob asked, once the door was shut. "nothing, he was just helping me study." julia said, shrugging her shoulders and closing her notebook. "you sure?" jacob asked. "yes jake. he has a thing for sarah. what are you, jealous?" she smirked at him. "what- no- no that's not it at all." jacob said, nervously. "okay, whatever you say jake." she teased. "oh, by the way i was talking to sarah earlier, you were listening to her songs?" julia asked. "uh, yeah, why?" jacob asked. "no reason, just wondering." she said. "what are you, jealous?" he mocked. "so what if i am? i don't want my best friend being taken away from me by some girl he barley knows." she admitted. "i'm not going anywhere, i promise. and for the record, i don't like sarah like that, at all." jacob said. "can we talk about us? and the kiss, since your mom came in your room when we were in facetime last night and this whole feelings thing has been eating me up-" she rambled before jacob cut her off by pressing his lips to hers. it was a soft, short kiss but it surely did leave the two flustered afterwards. "i just thought of something," julia said. "what's that?" jacob said, interlocking their fingers together. "we're each other's firsts kiss. well, technically second now because we just kissed, but you get the message." she said. "i'm glad you were my first kiss." jacob said. "me too." julia said. "okay, uh- i'm not really sure how to do this so i'm just gonna ask, will you be my girlfriend?" jacob asked, nervously. his cheeks were a bright red color. "yes, i'd love too." julia said, pressing her lips to his cheek.