nothing to worry about

"i really want you to get to know sarah." jacob said as he was trying to dodge something on his video game. "eh, i don't know.." julia said. "are you still jealous?" jacob teased. "what! no. not at all." julia defended. "mm whatever you say." jacob said. "are you still jealous of derek?" she asked. "over my best friend? no. do you still hang out with him though?" jacob asked. "sometimes at school, yeah." julia said. just before jacob could reply to her, laurie called for jacob. "jake! sarah's here!" laurie said. "you invited her over?" julia asked. "if i asked you, you would've said no." jacob said. she let out a huff before following jacob towards his door. "you have nothing to worry about, i promise." jacob said, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. that made julia feel a little bit better, but she was still skeptical. "hey." jacob said, answering the door. "hi." sarah replied. "julia! hi!" sarah said again. "hi sarah." julia said, offering her a small smile. "i brought mint chocolate chip and oreo ice cream." sarah told jacob. "nice." he replied while walking towards the kitchen. julia awkwardly followed behind them. "hi uh, i'm sarah." sarah said, introducing herself to laurie and andy. "i'm laurie, it's nice to meet you, sarah. we've heard a lot about you." laurie replied. the last part of lauries sentence made julia shift uncomfortably. "looks like you got a summer job." andy said. "yeah, it's my first week, my scooping arms really sore." she said. "uh, sarah's mom said she could hang out for a couple hours, that's okay?" jacob asked. "of course, absolutely." laurie said. "well, we're gonna head up stairs now." jacob said. the three of them walked up the stairs, julia trailing along behind them. since sarah was right behind jacob she got to sit where julia would normally sit. julia rolled hey eyes at the two, sitting down on jakes bed. "i only have two controllers, sorry julia." jacob said. "it's fine." she mumbled, sternly.

an hour has gone by and the only think jacob and sarah have done is flirt. julia had enough of it, deciding she didn't deserve to be treated like this. having to sit back and watch while some girl who jacob barely knew, flirted with her boyfriend. the whole time she kept replaying jakes words you have nothing to worry about but she didn't believe them one bit. "i'm tired so i'm going home, but please, continue to flirt. sorry for interrupting." julia said, on the verge of tears. "julia wait-" jacob said but got cut off by his door slamming. he immediately got up and chased after her, "julia, wait!" he called after her, she was already halfway down the steps. "julia, please! d-don't leave me!" his voice cracked. the tone in his voice almost made her want to turn around and run back to him, but she stood her ground and slammed the front door behind her. although it was summer, the nighttime air was still a slight bit chilly. suddenly she realized, it was one of jacobs hoodies. she let out a sigh, a tear falling from her eye. she continued walking the few blocks it took to get to her house before moping inside. "sweetie, what's wrong?" claire asked, cleaning up the table from dinner. "it's jacob.." she muttered before walking into the kitchen. she immediately fell into her moms arms, letting small sobs escape her lips while she buried her head into her shoulder. "what happened?" claire asked, once julia was finally calmed down enough. "this girl sarah from school, he invited her over without even asking me if i wanted to hang out with her, and on top of that the whole time i was there, they wouldn't stop flirting." julia explained. "i'm so sorry." claire said, pulling julia in for another hug.