jealousy

jacob hasn't been responding to julia's texts, which is weird because he usually replies within five minutes of when she texts him. she asked laurie if it was okay to come over, she said yes and that's all it took for julia to walk the few blocks it took to get to jacobs house. she hears a girls voice coming from the other side of jacobs bedroom door, a voice she didn't recognize. she waited a few more seconds before finally opening the door to see a girl sitting next to jacob, playing video games with him. it was sarah, she sorta knew her. "oh- uh, i didn't know you had company." julia stuttered. jacob looked at her for a few moments, awkward silence filling the air. "i'm just gonna- i'll leave." julia said before she quickly backed out of his room, closing the door behind her. she didn't know if jacob was gonna follow her or not, part of her was hoping he would. she tried not to show a reaction when she was storming out the front door, because than she knew laurie or andy would ask her what's wrong. luckily, no one was in the kitchen at the time. julia clutched her hoodie close to her body, the chilly air pushed her hair in all different directions. why would he ditch me for some girl, even after we kissed? hell, he even confessed he liked me the other night. julia thought to herself. as soon as she got home she quickly traveled up the wooden staircase and into her bedroom, laying face down into her pillow. she waited for tears to come falling out of her eyes, but nothing came. she huffed out of annoyance before rolling over onto her back. she got an idea, maybe she could make jacob jealous by hanging out with derek. she quickly pulled her phone out of her pocket, texting derek to come over her house after school tomorrow. she than texted jacob the same thing, and this time he actually responded. eventually they ended up on facetime.

"i'm sorry about earlier, are you okay?" jacob asked. "i'm fine, don't worry. you're allowed to hang out with people other than me." julia explained. "are you sure?" jacob asked. "yes, i'm sure. it's just- we did kiss the other day, and you said you liked me the other day, which we still haven't talked about yet." julia said. "i know i'm-" jacob said before laurie cut him off. "jacob, it's time for dinner." laurie said. "i'm sorry, i'll talk to you tomorrow?" jacob asked. "yeah.." julia muttered before hanging up. she let out a sigh, it seems like the whole feelings thing is never gonna get discussed.