Chapter 19: Another Fellow Dimension Traveller?

"B-but you're not yet dead in your other world..." she trailed off, her eyes not leaving Athanasia's. "S-so.. how did you wind up... in this world?"

The coat from Athanasia's hand was now in the water. She accidentally let go of it, her whole face painted with shock as she heard the mysterious woman's words.

No one has ever acknowledged her as someone from another world. She was sure enough that she hid herself properly. And, Athanasia was sure as hell that no one had prior knowledge about her earth, the modern one.

Was this woman mad? Did she even know what her words meant?

"Miss..." there was a hint of hesitation on her voice. There was a part of her that wanted to tell this woman the truth, but... the woman was a stranger. How could she trust her?

"I'm sorry but I think you got the wrong person."

Was that a dumb move for Athanasia? Did denying it make this stranger way more suspicious of her?

Probably. Athanasia needed to know if this woman even knew what she was talking about. She needed a confirmation or justification as to why she had knowledge about Athanasia's true existence.

"No, no!" the woman paced around.

She was gorgeous though. Gorgeous than anyone else Athanasia knew. The woman's scent drove Athanasia crazy; as if it was luring her in. Was she some kind of nymph? Athanasia didn't know, but there was something.. oddly familiar about the lady.

"Y-you—!" she pointed at Athanasia. "You will wreak havoc in this world!"

The lady didn't even bother to explain what she meant, she just continued.

Athanasia found herself listening. But it wasn't enough for her to believe in this lady.

"You will need to choose—" the lady snapped her fingers, and there appeared a faint smoke. The smoke slowly dispursed, and the lady had a crystal ball at hand.

"This world.." the lady stroked the crystal ball. It showed the Palace, along with the townsfolk. The village looked lively, and the skies were as clear as ever.

She then stroked the crystal ball again. "Or.. this one."

There, revealed her true world. It showed the high infrastructure buildings, the busy roads filled with vehicles, and all that.

The princess was frozen in her spot.

Just... just who exactly was this lady? Why did she know all of this?

There was no point in denying it now, though. This lady proved herself knowledgable of Athanasia's situation.

She needed to compose herself. One wrong word, and the lady might freak out again. In this situation, peace and calm were needed.

"If you don't mind me asking but..." her tone was soft, non-threatening. "who are you?"

Athanasia wasn't finished with her question. There was more to that.

"Rather, what are you?"

The lady sat down on a rock. She looked calmer now compared to earlier. Her white nightgown was now dry, along with her jet black hair. The sun, as if it were on her command, gave her the perfect lighting to reflect her agile figure.

The serene sway of water gave the lady nothing but perfection.

She was majestic. But so simple. There was something about her that Athanasia couldn't put to words.

"I am like you."

Her words rung to Athanasia's ears like a whisper.

It was soft. Calming, to say the least.