Chapter 32: Meet Me In The Future

Lucas didn't really know when it started, or even how it started.

To begin with, any of this wasn't in his plan. He didn't have a plan, at all. However, He was sure as hell that developing feelings wasn't one of them.

You read that right--- feelings.

Him, a thousand-year old wizard, developing feelings? Unfathomable. Sure, he's lived among humans, who were vulnerable as prey. Sure, he's adapted to their ways. And sure, he's gotten used to them come and go.

But god, this--- this human in particular piqued his interest.

It all started in the Hunting Season. He entered the fields as a raven, to simply keep watch over unusual events. To his luck, some knight picked him up and gave him to a young lady. A young lady who changed his life.

Lucas has seen her hunt. She was impressive, to say the least. She literally hunted a bear all by herself, and then proceeded to attempt in hunting a moose. A moose, in which she almost caught.

Coincidentally, Lucas was there at the said moment of her hunting a moose. A moose that shared the same aura as Pandora. It was enough for Lucas to realize that none other than Pandora possessed the moose.

Seeing the circumstances, he decided to save the young lady. He is, after all, a gentleman. And, he won't give Pandora the satisfaction. The satisfaction of seeing Lucas turn evil, like her.

To think that this young lady survived a match with his mother was extraordinary. Pandora was a tough enemy, even for Lucas himself. The woman got him locked up in a tower for a hundred years. He always thought that no one could even last a second with Pandora.

Until a certain lady proved his theory false. That alone made the said lady leave an impression on Lucas.

That's why he decided to let things flow. He followed her around, seeing that she was surely interesting enough to be with. And she never failed to amaze him. Every damn time, she gives Lucas something unexpected.

Of course, he knew better than to follow the girl around. He needed to regain his powers, and overthrow his mother. Or make her well, less evil. He was more than determined to do that.

But every damn time, he can't bring himself to leave.

Everytime he even tried to leave, there was something---- or rather, someone, stopping him from doing so. Not directly, obviously.

Heck, that certain someone wasn't even stopping Lucas. Lucas was stopping himself from getting separated from her.

He hated to admit it, but he was attached. He was attached to none other than her. Her, with her beautiful cerulean eyes that reflected the skies. And her delicate skin, that could easily be mistaken with fragile glass. Did he mention her heavenly hair?

Wait, no.

Lucas shook his head. He needed to stop himself from thinking such... such humane thoughts. He was immortal, for pete's sake. Attachment and feelings were the last thing he needed to have.

Because he knew, in the end, he was the only one who'd get hurt.

He knew well enough that everyone would eventually come and go, leaving him behind.

So, he made himself distant. He built a wall that no one could ever climb on. A wall to distance himself from getting too attached.

But boy, someone came in breaking those walls.

Athanasia de Alger Obelia came into his life, barging in and breaking those barriers like some titan. And god, his life became brighter. His smiles became livelier. And his happiness? It became her.