Shadow//Atsuhina

~Pair: Atsumu Miya & Hinata Shōyō~
§I do not own the picture, music, or characters. Only the plot belongs to me.§
★Requested by: N/A★
•Warnings: Character death•
._._._.

"Atsumu!"

The last words spoken before the car flipped.

Hands intertwined tightly, their lives were left to fate.

Eyes closed and hopes high, Atsumu and Shōyō Miya prepared to take their last breath.

It was suddenly so silent. No pulse was found throughout the car.

To any bystander, it looked like any average car crash. But to the two, dying in one of the cars, this was so much more.

...

Blinking the sleep out of his eyes, Atsumu sat up in a bed, desperately trying to remember what had happened.

Shōyō. I need to find Shōyō!

Dead set on this thought, he effortlessly stood but didn't have time to ponder on how empty and weak he felt.

Concluding his search at room 576, he heard the faint cries that he, from the bottom of his heart, hoped to never hear again.

With slow, soft steps, his orange haired husband came into view.

He looked broken. His hospital clothes falling off his shoulder as he sobbed into his hands, clutching to his wedding ring.

"Shou!" Atsumu called, but got no response in return.

"Mr. Miya, I'm sorry. Your husband, Atsumu Miya, was pronounced dead upon arrival. We did everything in out power to save him, but, I'm sorry. We needed your permission to take him off of life support." A nurse explained.

The words hit the couple like a train.

I'm ... Dead?

"No! H-he can't be! I- He would- He wouldn't give up so easily! I never got to say goodbye." His voice got softer as he talked, breaking as he reached his final word.

"Sir, I'm sorry for your lose, but you need to make a decision." The nurse pressed, looking down at her watch.

"I need to talk to Osamu about this. He should know and have a say as well."

As he processed everything, Atsumu took a seat in the chair next to Shōyō's bed.

The nurse left and a few minutes later Osamu came running into the room, still in his work clothes.

"I-Im sorry, 'Samu." Shōyō cried, looked down at the small ring on his hand.

"Hey, don't apologize. It wasn't your fault and I don't want you to blame yourself for it, understand?" Osamu said strictly but softly, walking up to the bed and pulling Shōyō into a hug.

They might be twins but their hugs just weren't the same.

"Because I know that he doesn't blame you."

...

It's been two weeks, Shōyō was released from the hospital and has Osamu at his side since the news was broken.

Atsumu's been following Shōyō around, trying to get his attention, but failing and causing himself even more mental pain.

"Are you ready? Remember, I'll be at your side the whole time. It's, by the coffin, to give his speech.

"Before I met Atsumu, I didn't know what love was. But he taught me. He was genuinely one of the most kindest people I've ever met and... and." He stuttered out a sob, glancing over at the coffin.

Atsumu watched helplessly as his lover's knees buckled and he fell to the ground. Luckily, Osamu caught him before he reached the ground.

Standing from an empty chair in the back, Atsumu rushed up to his family.

Although he knew they wouldn't feel him, he wrapped his arms around the duo. As he listened and watched the two cry and hold to each other, his heart broke,

"He's here. I can feel him. He loves you shou, I know for a fact that me fought long and hard to be able to stay with you. Don't blame yourself. Okay? He's still with us. I know that much. He wouldn't leave us, okay?"

Osamu's words calmed the other slightly, bringing him to silent tears instead of the sobs that were escaping his slightly parted lips.

'I'm sorry, guys. I love you and will wait for you.'

Atsumu smiled, hoping that his words had reached the duo.

The two people who were there for him.

The two people who helped him.

The two people who loved him.

The two people he loved.

_______

It took me two weeks to write this because I got really sad writing it, but here it is!!