One

"Mom, it's gonna be ok," I said to my worried mother as I packed up my things. "But what if you get hurt and you'll be lonely," she said in a worried tone. "Mom, this is an order from the palace. Most girls my age go to work there and are chosen every year," I stated. "But why did they have to choose from our household? Why couldn't they choose from the others?" My mothers whines. "Don't worry mom, I can't tell them no, or I don't even know what'll happen." I shook my head shooing away the negative thoughts. "They'll be here any minute to pick me up." I sighed as I'm now about to be separated from my mom for a very long time. She's all I have left. The palace chooses girls 19 and over to work at the palace for some time. If you're chosen then you have to go. If you're not then you're lucky. Guess my luck hasn't been doing well, because this year I'm chosen.

I get into the black royal car. The body guards driving me to the huge castle. I've never been to the castle. I'm not from here. I moved here after my father passed away. He was a soldier for my past hometown. He died in a battle. After that tragic time, I was involved in an accident and I lost most of my memories, almost all. It was a terrible time for my family. My mom tried hard to support me,money was always tight. I was about sixteen when I lost my memories. Some things trigger them and I regain some, but not all.

I arrived at the huge mansion of a palace. At least I get to live in the palace, and get free meals. I don't expect to see any royals, I've only seen the queen. I think the king died some years ago and she was forced to rule. I looked out the window and gaze at the palace. It's beautiful. Tall pillars and grand doors appeared outside. The bodyguard opened my door. He seemed to be about mid 20's his name tag said Jung Hoseok. He gave a light smile and lead me through the huge mahogany doors.

After a few minutes of walking through the grand palace. A door appeared and he opened it. "This is Anrah, she will continue your tour and guide you through your tasks." He said and walked away. "Hi, I'm Anrah," a petite, girl my age said to me. Her hair tied up in a bun. Her fair skin complemented her black hair. "Hi, I'm Y/n," I said. "Right this way," she extended her arm showing me the way. I walked into the room. "Ok, so this is our room." She said. It had a small kitchen and seating area. "This is ours?" I asked and she nodded. It was as if it was a mini apartment. That bedroom is yours you can unpack. She smiled. I entered the bedroom. It was a pretty good size. I unpacked my things. I placed everything neatly and headed back outside. Anrah then spoke, "Ok, so, you will be on cleaning duty and tending for the prince."