2: BEYOND NICE

Author's Note:

The comments are already flying in, it's wild!

This will be a slow burn, folks, much angst, hurt-comfort, experimental.

First time writing significant amounts of Derek/Addison, or any straight relationship for any length, for me, as well...

Hope you enjoy it!

bobbiejelly

CHAPTER CONTENT WARNING:

SKIP TO THE TITLE CARD AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS.

This Chapter contains the beginnings of an abusive relationship between Derek and Addison.

A vague amount of research was done on how emotionally abusive relationships form.

Abuse is never the fault of the victim, and no one ever 'deserves it.'

*Consensual straight sex.

While the sex between Addison and the AU-Abusive Derek Shepherd will be 'consensual', I recognize there is a limit to how 'consensual' sex can be in an abusive relationship. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not writing about sexual abuse and/or rape, per se, Addison asks him for sex, or he does and she wants him, and it's an unhealthy dynamic because of what he does and the circumstances, but in this AU I guess I'm not writing that he's forcing himself upon her while she is saying no. That's where I draw my line in what I am comfortable with. This has been altered from my previous content warning, upon the guidance of reader feedback - thanks!

Everyone deserves help, and perpetrators of violence need professional care as well.

Take care of yourselves as you read this.

bobbiejelly

Love The Way You Lie

Derek Shepherd, your husband, hits you- but you stayed until you couldn't stand up anymore. Your best friend Mark Sloan helped you leave him and you two had some adulterous sex. When you see Derek again in Seattle with another woman, all you want is to save her from him. You didn't mean to fall in love with her. She wasn't supposed to fall in love with you, either. But you both did, anyway.

-Addison Forbes Montgomery, for Meredith Grey

MerAdd. Meddison. F/F. Meredith Grey/Addison Montgomery. Rated E for Explicit. Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice Crossover.

CW: Domestic Violence. Unhealthy Relationships - Physically & Emotionally Abusive Addek & MerDer. Also briefly okay (non-abusive), Maddison & Mark/Derek.

*This story is entirely fictional. Please seek professional help for abusive relationships in yourself and others. Take all abuse seriously.*

Chapter 2: BEYOND NICE

You met Derek Christopher Shepherd by the time you didn't have braces or a lisp anymore and you were less of a band geek than you were in high school. He said his name is Derek. You said your name is Addison.

You fell in love with him sometime after that.

You hated him sometime after that.

You forget in what order sometime after all of it.

It was annoying to be moving from Connecticut to New York but you were glad to get away from all of your parent's bullshit.

New York is a big city but you managed to find a shitty place to live and rent somewhere in Manhatten and you call it 'The Hamptons' even though it's hardly a beauty of a house but it's enough for you and Naomi, anyway. You met Naomi through the incoming year Facebook group and you became friends online before you decided to move in, together.