16: ALL ABOUT MY MOM

Author's Note:

Spoilers through GA-S2-E3.

Thanks for your patience with waiting an extra day!

Have a good one.

bobbiejelly

CHAPTER CONTENT WARNING:

SKIP TO THE TITLE CARD AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS.

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD SO CHOOSE WHAT YOU NEED.

Generally, the "Love The Way You Lie," Alternate Universe, Derek, is a dick. Apologies.

bobbiejelly

Love The Way You Lie

Derek Shepherd, your husband, hits you- but you stayed until you couldn't stand up anymore. Your best friend Mark Sloan helped you leave him and you two had some adulterous sex. When you see Derek again in Seattle with another woman, all you want is to save her from him. You didn't mean to fall in love with her. She wasn't supposed to fall in love with you, either. But you both did, anyway.

-Addison Forbes Montgomery, for Meredith Grey

MerAdd. Meddison. F/F. Meredith Grey/Addison Montgomery. Rated E for Explicit. Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice Crossover.

CW: Domestic Violence. Unhealthy Relationships - Physically & Emotionally Abusive Addek & MerDer. Also briefly okay (non-abusive), Maddison & Mark/Derek.

*This story is entirely fictional. Please seek professional help for abusive relationships in yourself and others. Take all abuse seriously.*

Chapter 16: ALL ABOUT MY MOM

You wake up and it's daylight and you realize you've slept in.

You haven't slept through your alarm but you've slept enough that Derek Shepherd has gotten up early and gone to work with the car so you have to call a cab out here.

And you're pretty sure he's done this just to be an inconvenience.

It is. Extremely so. Unfortunately.

It's a nice day out.

If you were a free woman you might go jogging or something.

But you're not.

And you don't really jog, either, mostly because you're not really free.

You make yourself some bitter coffee as you wait for the taxi and you wash off your mug.

You never leave anything around you might need because you never know where you might end up next.

You pack your bag you always keep on you and you think maybe today will be the day you could leave him.

Maybe you could just ditch and go back to New York and live with Sam and Naomi for a while and work at the Practice they still have temporarily there before moving to LA, California, until you get back up on your feet.

They have a newborn and they're moving soon and they're already happy without you...

Or you could move in with Archer for a while.

All those people he brings home... Eek!

Or you could... No, you don't want to move back in with your parents.

You have a whole lot of problems but you don't need to layer on Bizzy Forbes and The Captain Montgomery and all the other 'strange Montgomeries,' that sometimes pass by that place.