19: PERMANENT

Author's Note:

Yes, this is back!

And with another update!

Canon spoilers through GA-S2-E3

bobbiejelly

CHAPTER CONTENT WARNING:

SKIP TO THE TITLE CARD AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS.

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD SO CHOOSE WHAT YOU NEED.

Erm, nothing specific here?

bobbiejelly

Love The Way You Lie

Derek Shepherd, your husband, hits you- but you stayed until you couldn't stand up anymore. Your best friend Mark Sloan helped you leave him and you two had some adulterous sex. When you see Derek again in Seattle with another woman, all you want is to save her from him. You didn't mean to fall in love with her. She wasn't supposed to fall in love with you, either. But you both did, anyway.

-Addison Forbes Montgomery, for Meredith Grey

MerAdd. Meddison. F/F. Meredith Grey/Addison Montgomery. Rated E for Explicit. Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice Crossover.

CW: Domestic Violence. Unhealthy Relationships - Physically & Emotionally Abusive Addek & MerDer. Also briefly okay (non-abusive), Maddison & Mark/Derek.

*This story is entirely fictional. Please seek professional help for abusive relationships in yourself and others. Take all abuse seriously.*

Chapter 19: PERMANENT

You don't tell Meredith Grey how to give herself sutures and she doesn't ask you again...

(Yet.)

Instead, Meredith asks you to call if you need her ever.

You ask her what she means but she just looks at you with understanding eyes and you can tell she means more than she'll say.

"Promise me you'll call if you need anything?" Meredith asks you.

"Meredith, I-" you stumble and you don't promise her anything.

You know you'll want to call her but you know you probably won't.

You don't want Derek to find out that you and her were talking because he'll probably start hurting her and you wouldn't want that in a lifetime.

So you don't promise her and she doesn't stop furrowing her brow at you and you realize she might not let you get away without promising her this.

You relize you probably owe her that anyway for all that she's done for you and the moment seems to go on for miles.

"I don't know where to call you," you confess, because you're not exactly going to leave a message on your own husband-you're-hiding-from's answering machine.

"I'll let you know that, I'll tell you later catch me before you go and I'll tell you, I'm getting a page now I have to go," says Meredith.

You see an apologetic look being thrown your way when she closes the door behind her and you didn't wince at any of the cuts but you wince when you hear the door latch close and you realize that you're all alone again.

Without her .

You sigh and you clean up all the instruments and sterilize them before you leave to go back to your patients.