9: ANGEL

Author's Note:

Thanks for all the comments today, from AddisonAddek and Arizonaslesbianism.

This one is shaping up to be something special, much thanks to you and everyone else!

Cheers to another one, see you on the other side, yay!

bobbiejelly

CHAPTER CONTENT WARNING:

SKIP TO THE TITLE CARD AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS.

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD SO CHOOSE WHAT YOU NEED.

I'm just gonna let you experience this one for yourself.

bobbiejelly

Love The Way You Lie

Derek Shepherd, your husband, hits you- but you stayed until you couldn't stand up anymore. Your best friend Mark Sloan helped you leave him and you two had some adulterous sex. When you see Derek again in Seattle with another woman, all you want is to save her from him. You didn't mean to fall in love with her. She wasn't supposed to fall in love with you, either. But you both did, anyway.

-Addison Forbes Montgomery, for Meredith Grey

MerAdd. Meddison. F/F. Meredith Grey/Addison Montgomery. Rated E for Explicit. Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice Crossover.

CW: Domestic Violence. Unhealthy Relationships - Physically & Emotionally Abusive Addek & MerDer. Also briefly okay (non-abusive), Maddison & Mark/Derek.

*This story is entirely fictional. Please seek professional help for abusive relationships in yourself and others. Take all abuse seriously.*

Chapter 9: ANGEL

You can't wait to make your own money again and start repaying your debts, to literally fucking everyone.

You realize you're looking forward to ending things with Derek for once and for all, but you realize that once you see him your confidence might waver and you might take him back with you, instead.

You find 'Seattle Grace Hospital,' where you know Richard Webber hired your husband, Derek Christopher Shepherd to work, on your cheap GPS.

You take the exit on the third try and you find the correct parking lot.

You park your car. You lock the car doors. You walk alone, into the night, and into Seattle.

You've never been to Seattle Grace Hospital.

But you've heard a lot about it from Adele and Richard.

You know that it's been in the top five teaching hospitals in the US several years running now, and you know it's an accredited transplant center from UNOS, you know there's a TTTS baby case they've been saving for you...

And you know it's the place where Derek Christopher Shepherd now works.

That last one being the most memorable thing about it to you now, at the very least.

It's larger than you would have expected. As you reach the front entrance you're astonished at how polished the outside looks with its high arching grey ceilings and it's entryway lined with park benches.

You're not sure if this is the main entrance, but you're not unsure of it either.

You realize you doubt yourself about everything these days anyway, so who do you care if you end up in the basement? The worst thing you could find there is billing, right?