12: SUTURES

Author's Note:

Thanks for the feedback on Chapter 11, folks.

Glad it was well-received with the reappearance of Derek in Addison's life.

(Well, it's important for the plot even though he's such a McAbuser).

And the ambiguous moment between Meredith and Addison at the bar.

Was it because Meredith wants to size up her competition? Who knows? It's hard to say...

bobbiejelly

CHAPTER CONTENT WARNING:

SKIP TO THE TITLE CARD AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS.

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD SO CHOOSE WHAT YOU NEED.

Standard stuff...

bobbiejelly

Love The Way You Lie

Derek Shepherd, your husband, hits you- but you stayed until you couldn't stand up anymore. Your best friend Mark Sloan helped you leave him and you two had some adulterous sex. When you see Derek again in Seattle with another woman, all you want is to save her from him. You didn't mean to fall in love with her. She wasn't supposed to fall in love with you, either. But you both did, anyway.

-Addison Forbes Montgomery, for Meredith Grey

MerAdd. Meddison. F/F. Meredith Grey/Addison Montgomery. Rated E for Explicit. Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice Crossover.

CW: Domestic Violence. Unhealthy Relationships - Physically & Emotionally Abusive Addek & MerDer. Also briefly okay (non-abusive), Maddison & Mark/Derek.

*This story is entirely fictional. Please seek professional help for abusive relationships in yourself and others. Take all abuse seriously.*

Chapter 12: SUTURES

You arrive at Seattle Grace Hospital for the second time in your life in an ambulance with most people's damn favorite barkeep spread out on a stretcher.

You see Richard Webber nodding approvingly at you as if you were a hero.

You don't feel like one at all.

You saved one man but you couldn't save yourself last night.

And you couldn't save Meredith Grey from your husband Derek Shepherd.

And you're still not sure yet if Joe is going to live yet or die.

You keep pumping on Joe's chest and offering breaths until you're wheeled into the trauma room and someone else starts bagging him for you.

You're still doing CPR and he's been down for a long time, now.

"We might need to try to shock him," Richard Webbers says, as the Chief of Surgery leads this room's team.

"Right," you say, hopping off of Joe to the floor and still pumping his chest as hard as you can for the 30-and-2-counts.

You try not to chafe your scars against the edge of the bed as you continue your work.

This is not the first time you've been in this situation, saving a life only hours/minutes/seconds from being the one on the ground bleeding.

You've learned to adapt to it, no one has ever been the wiser. This had been the latter part of your residency years...