4: MARK(S)

BACK-EDITED ON JUNE 2, 2020.

Author's Note:

This story has been back-edited today, with renewed content warnings on chapters 1 and 2 and 3 to reflect some very valid concerns from readers.

Chapter 1 has been updated to include the lyrics to the titular song references, "Love The Way You Lie, parts 1 through 3."

In Chapter 2, if it was not clear what happened, Derek's dad did get shot as in canon in his store when Amelia was five years old and Derek was a little older than that. The plot of that chapter is that Derek never talks about his father to Addison, so Addison is about to ask if Mrs. Shepherd's husband is joining them, but Amelia Shepherd pulls Addie aside and explains how Derek lost his dad and how she watched it all happen, and so did Derek, and Addison never tells Derek that she does know the truth about this because Derek says he doesn't want to talk about his dad.

Chapter 3 has been updated to include more lines from the ending scene, and I encourage you to reread the end of that chapter before you begin, to give a little more context.

Otherwise, welcome to Chapter 4!

Thanks to those who have left comments so far.

Here's more to this painful story.

Hope to hear your thoughts at the end of it.

bobbiejelly

CHAPTER CONTENT WARNING:

SKIP TO THE TITLE CARD AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS.

Graphic Depictions Of Violence.

Abuse of many kinds.

Just a lot more of the bad shit.

It also will contain consensual straight female-male sex.

*While the sex between Addison and the AU-Abusive Derek Shepherd will be 'consensual', I recognize there is a limit to how 'consensual' sex can be in an abusive relationship. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm not writing about sexual abuse and/or rape, per se, Addison asks him for sex, or he does and she wants him, and it's an unhealthy dynamic because of what he does and the circumstances, but in this AU I guess I'm not writing that he's forcing himself upon her while she is saying no. That's where I draw my line in what I am comfortable with. This has been altered from my previous content warning, upon the guidance of reader feedback - thanks!

This chapter also contains adulterous sex between Addison and Mark. That is in itself consensual, but hesitant, and it's still all really messed up.

Anyway, that's your content warnings for you, and also spoilers...

(Do you like the content warnings? Do you find them helpful or do you find they ruin the story for you - do you just skip past them or do you read them? Do you want me to keep them up? I feel obligated to, but also I feel like it's getting in the way? Let me know in the comments...)

bobbiejelly

Love The Way You Lie

Derek Shepherd, your husband, hits you- but you stayed until you couldn't stand up anymore. Your best friend Mark Sloan helped you leave him and you two had some adulterous sex. When you see Derek again in Seattle with another woman, all you want is to save her from him. You didn't mean to fall in love with her. She wasn't supposed to fall in love with you, either. But you both did, anyway.

-Addison Forbes Montgomery, for Meredith Grey

MerAdd. Meddison. F/F. Meredith Grey/Addison Montgomery. Rated E for Explicit. Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice Crossover.