11: LINOLEUM ROSES

Author's Note:

Here's the 'good,' chapter I promised after yesterday's short one.

I'm proud of this one.

Let me know if you liked it in the comments!

bobbiejelly

CHAPTER CONTENT WARNING:

SKIP TO THE TITLE CARD AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS.

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD SO CHOOSE WHAT YOU NEED.

Language. As in swearing. A lot of it. Bad, bad, bad words...

Graphic descriptions of violence.

Emotional Abuse.

Verbal Abuse.

bobbiejelly

Love The Way You Lie

Derek Shepherd, your husband, hits you- but you stayed until you couldn't stand up anymore. Your best friend Mark Sloan helped you leave him and you two had some adulterous sex. When you see Derek again in Seattle with another woman, all you want is to save her from him. You didn't mean to fall in love with her. She wasn't supposed to fall in love with you, either. But you both did, anyway.

-Addison Forbes Montgomery, for Meredith Grey

MerAdd. Meddison. F/F. Meredith Grey/Addison Montgomery. Rated E for Explicit. Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice Crossover.

CW: Domestic Violence. Unhealthy Relationships - Physically & Emotionally Abusive Addek & MerDer. Also briefly okay (non-abusive), Maddison & Mark/Derek.

*This story is entirely fictional. Please seek professional help for abusive relationships in yourself and others. Take all abuse seriously.*

Chapter 11: LINOLEUM ROSES

You go to stalk away but then Derek catches you.

He grabs you by the wrist, tightly, and you don't move because you know he'll just pull.

'See, Meredith? See what he does to me? He'll treat you like property too, just you wait. You should really go now...' You wish you could yell.

You don't, though, and Meredith just watches with morbid fascination as he handles you and you submit to him and he says he's taking you both out.

You wonder if Derek means he's going to punch you until you can't see anymore.

Meredith is probably wondering if he means he's dragging you both to a bar.

Hours into the evening, you'll realize-

"We're going out," Derek motions between you and Meredith so that you both know he means all three of you.

"Where?" Meredith just asks curiously.

'Run away, Meredith! Get out of here! Leave me with him... You'll be better for it... ' you never say...

"Joe's," Derek deadpans, and that must mean something to Meredith but it doesn't mean anything to you as you watch Meredith's eyebrows raise up at her... Your... Derek.

"You're going to tell me what's going on, right?" Meredith says in a bit of a fit to Derek, as she motions for him to start talking while Derek's still got an iron grip on your wrist.

"Of course," Derek says in a charismatic voice, and you get why Meredith is falling for it because you fell for that voice over a decade ago, too, when you were about that woman's age.