18: GONE

Author's Note:

Yes, this is back!

And with another update!

Canon spoilers through GA-S2-E3

bobbiejelly

CHAPTER CONTENT WARNING:

SKIP TO THE TITLE CARD AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS.

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD SO CHOOSE WHAT YOU NEED.

Sutures.

bobbiejelly

Love The Way You Lie

Derek Shepherd, your husband, hits you- but you stayed until you couldn't stand up anymore. Your best friend Mark Sloan helped you leave him and you two had some adulterous sex. When you see Derek again in Seattle with another woman, all you want is to save her from him. You didn't mean to fall in love with her. She wasn't supposed to fall in love with you, either. But you both did, anyway.

-Addison Forbes Montgomery, for Meredith Grey

MerAdd. Meddison. F/F. Meredith Grey/Addison Montgomery. Rated E for Explicit. Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice Crossover.

CW: Domestic Violence. Unhealthy Relationships - Physically & Emotionally Abusive Addek & MerDer. Also briefly okay (non-abusive), Maddison & Mark/Derek.

*This story is entirely fictional. Please seek professional help for abusive relationships in yourself and others. Take all abuse seriously.*

Chapter 18: GONE

Your first crisis is that you've made up your mind.

You're going to leave Seattle. You're going to ask to divorce him and if he says no, you're going to leave him anyway.

You know you'll have to leave all the career progress you made here but it's small pennies compared to what you could be making if you didn't have to watch for him over your shoulder.

You think you could be a better person if you didn't have to hide your damn cuts all the time.

The first cut is the deepest. You laugh at the irony. The millionth one is always the deepest because it cuts through the scar tissue whole.

You're walking to the Chief's office.

You're going to tell Richard.

You're going to break the news.

Richard is walking together with you.

You take a deep breath and say you're going to leave the next morning.

Richard does not want you to go.

You both go into his office.

Richard asks about the premature baby.

You stiffen your lip as you say that you're letting her go.

You're not talking about the preemie here. You're talking about someone you wish you could call your 'baby,'. You're talking about Derek's lusty intern you're falling in love with...

"He calls me Satan, Richard...He wins. I'm leaving in the morning," you add.

It's not a very convincing argument because he laughed at that joke and you know he knows you don't actually care.

You care that he's a reincarnation of everything evil and that if he rose somehow to heaven that you would want to run past him to hell because it might be healthier than an eternal afterlife with him in it.