10: YOU HAD A LIFE

Author's Note:

Thanks for all the comments today, from AddisonAddek and Arizonaslesbianism .

This one is shaping up to be something special, much thanks to you and everyone else!

Cheers to another one, see you on the other side, yay!

This one is short, but I'm planning a longer and better one for tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience!

bobbiejelly

CHAPTER CONTENT WARNING:

SKIP TO THE TITLE CARD AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU DO NOT WANT SPOILERS.

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD SO CHOOSE WHAT YOU NEED.

I'm just gonna let you experience this one for yourself.

bobbiejelly

Love The Way You Lie

Derek Shepherd, your husband, hits you- but you stayed until you couldn't stand up anymore. Your best friend Mark Sloan helped you leave him and you two had some adulterous sex. When you see Derek again in Seattle with another woman, all you want is to save her from him. You didn't mean to fall in love with her. She wasn't supposed to fall in love with you, either. But you both did, anyway.

-Addison Forbes Montgomery, for Meredith Grey

MerAdd. Meddison. F/F. Meredith Grey/Addison Montgomery. Rated E for Explicit. Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice Crossover.

CW: Domestic Violence. Unhealthy Relationships - Physically & Emotionally Abusive Addek & MerDer. Also briefly okay (non-abusive), Maddison & Mark/Derek.

*This story is entirely fictional. Please seek professional help for abusive relationships in yourself and others. Take all abuse seriously.*

Chapter 10: YOU HAD A LIFE

You love Derek Christopher Shepherd, but even more, you love the way that he lies to you.

And so does Meredith.

And it breaks your damn heart.

But for her, not for him.

You hate yourself even more.

You stare at your husband of over ten years and you stare at his girlfriend/mistress.

You stare somewhere in between them.

You stare blankly into space.

You expect the other woman to run, but she doesn't.

You expect the other woman to leave, but she doesn't.

You expect the other woman to fight or flee, but she stays.

Meredith stays, Derek stays, and you stay standing there in the damn lobby of Seattle Grace Hospital and you think that it's the stupidest fucking name for a workplace that now hosts the world's most fucked-up love/hate square that's ever known to mankind.

You realize that Meredith doesn't even know it's a damn square yet, because if he hasn't told her about you, he certainly hasn't told her about Mark Sloan, and so you're sure she's in the dark about your/Mark's past crimes and you're not comforted at all by this thought.