Isolation

Marinette knows Adrien is Chat in this one shot. WARNING It's really sad! I didn't really like how this turned out but decided to publish it anyway.

Marinette was tired. She felt exhausted from the burden she had to carry that came with being Ladybug. The constant comparison about how she should be more like Ladybug burdened her wary shoulders. The guilt from blowing off multiple plans just for patrol took a toll on her as well.

Multiple people including her parents and friends hadn't noticed the spark missing from her eyes. She began isolating herself from all her friends and eating lunch alone at school. Chloe had even stopped bullying her when she notice she wasn't around Adrien anymore.

She kept herself positive enough to not be akumatized but her weak positivity was slowly breaking overtime.

She realized that she quickly needed to get rid of Hawkmoth before she broke and before Hawkmoth got his hands on her and Chat Noir's miraculous. She couldn't let him win. Especially not when the fate of the world would be in his hands if he did.

During her isolation she slowly reduced the amount of designing she did to work out plan after plan to defeat Hawkmoth but there were too many things that could go wrong in each one. Eventually planning out his defeat took over all her designing and free-time, causing her to completely stop designing.

One day she finally came up with a plan that was risky but would work if most things went smoothly. She planned to go undercover while being akumatized. Her ladybug powers and her positivity would've theoretically overcome the akuma's hold over her, causing her to become conscious while being akumatized. She would find Hawkmoth's location and steal the both the moth and peacock miraculous and hopefully leave unscathed. Meanwhile Chat Noir would be the distraction while she infiltrated Hawkmoth's base. The plan has many obvious risks but it seemed to be the only one that had a chance of working.

The next patrol she explained the detailed plan to Chat Noir. He obviously had many protests about her safety which the spotted hero quickly shot down using her calm words. He eventually agreed but made her promise that she wouldn't get seriously hurt.

The plan went wonderfully right up until the end. Her malnourished body was strengthened due to her ladybug suit and Tikki so she fought Hawkmoth when her had caught her in his base. She was shocked to find that her idol, Gabriel Agreste was Hawkmoth but kept fighting to keep the world safe.

Eventually Marinette grabbed the moth miraculous off of Hawkmoth and stole the Peacock miraculous from the safe. Just as Gabriel began detransforming, he stabbed her in the stomach with his cane.

She fell to the ground holding the miraculous while calling the police to come to the large mansion. She kept a monotone face to hide any pain while the only thing keeping her alive was Tikki.

She held out as long as she could and heard the police sirens come to the mansion. She saw the shadow of her partner fall over her bloody body.

Knowing that these would be her last moments, she made her transformation fall away and she said her last words.

"Je t' aime Kitty."

Edit: So I really hated how this turned out so I tried to fix the flow a little bit but I didn't do much anyway.
Read, Vote, and Comment!
Edit #2: I decided to redo the whims thing and I don't love how it turned out but I still think it's a lot better than what it used to be.
- I<3TooManyFandoms