Adrien Trying to Cook

My face flipped into a frown as he heard the garage open for someone to park their car in. It meant that Marinette had come home.

Not that it was bad but I had wanted to finish making the cookies for dessert BEFORE she came, as a surprise. I had just put them into the oven after he heard her car pulling up. And for the first time I hadn't screwed anything up.

Just as I thought that, I was pretty sure that I just jinxed myself.

Marinette walked into the kitchen with a bright smile. "Hey, Adrien!"

"Hey Mari!" I said with an instantly cheerful tone. It was something about her that always made me happy whenever she was around. 

She easily distinguished a slight grimace in my voice as I said hi to her. 'What's wrong?" she asked.

"Well, I was making cookies but you came before they finished." I said with a frown.

She smiled while staring at me with an adoring look.

Suddenly, the smell of smoke wafted around the room. Marinette narrowed her beautiful bluebell eyes at me and said, "What did you do?!"

"Umm.. Nothing," I said nervously.

"Then why is there smoke coming out of the oven?!" She yelled at me.

I looked at the oven, only to realize that she was right. There was smoke coming out of the corners of the oven.

"What did you do?!" She said in a dark manner as she closed in on me, repeating her words again.

"I don't know! I wanted to make cookies for dessert and surprise you. I followed your recipe exactly and made sure that everything was right. The dough tasted really good and I was so proud of myself! But then I heard your car pull up so instead of baking the cookies at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, I thought why not bake them at 4000 degrees for one minute-"

"YOU BAKED THEM AT 4000 DEGREES FOR ONE MINUTE?!" Marinette interrupted me.

"No! Of course not! I figured you would be very mad at me for that so instead I baked them at 2000 degrees for 5 minutes!" I said with a proud smile.

Marinette still had fury in her eyes but I wondered why. "You stupid, ally cat!" She said as she hit the back of my head with a small amount of force that still hurt.

As we were arguing, well I was explaining while she was yelling at me, we both forgot about the burnt cookies in the oven.

As the smoke began smelling stronger, we opened the oven to a cloud of smoke and some cookies that looked seconds away from becoming ash.

Mari shook her head and said, "This is why I don't let you cook."

I pouted and sat in a corner of the kitchen with my back to her. I smiled in victory as she began walking up to me, only to be smacked in the head AGAIN for my idiocy.

"You know that I don't fall for that anymore after all these years right?"

I groaned, "I had to try!"

We cleaned up the kitchen together and Mari made a new batch of cookies without any screw ups in the OTHER oven because we're both pretty sure I broke the oven but we can't tell with all the smoke still everywhere. We ate them with ice cream on the couch together, while watching The Notebook. But, to be clear I'm ONLY watching because Marinette said it was payback for burning the cookies and most probably screwing up that oven. 

Hey guys! I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in sooooo long but school has kept me extremely busy. But I have done snippets and things that I haven't finished in my free time. This is a type of Thanksgiving Special even if i didn't say it because not everyone celebrates Thanksgiving. (I don't) But Happy Thanksgiving to all those who do celebrate it!!! I also want to thank you guys so much for 7.5k+ reads!

-I<3TooManyFandoms