Seen

George had been dancing and cheering throughout the supporting band, pestering Nick into tweeting some good words about them and tagging their twitter. Nick would say he was saving up his energy for (Dream)ing Of The Disco but that would be a lie, he was right there dancing with George the whole time.

Right now, though, right now George was still, watching the stage for any sign of the Dream Team. They had the perfect view, right in the centre and far enough back to see the whole stage but close enough to still feel as though they could touch them.

George felt his heart stop as he saw four figures walk out onto the stage. Their spot also meant they could just about see through the darkness that shrouded the concert hall. He sent a silent prayer to whoever received him after he died that he may be able to at least send his thanks to Nick from the afterlife.

"Hello London!" Two words. Two words was all it took. George screamed and could distantly hear Nick whooping beside him. The crowd cheered and screamed too, so loud George swore he felt the floor shake.

"How's everyone doing tonight, we all feeling good?" George screamed a 'yeah' and registered Nick's laugh beside him.

"Good, we're doing good too aren't we?" Dream asked, looking back over his left shoulder to see A6d, to his right to see BadBoyHalo and back from Bad to see Skeppy.

"We're doing great," Bad replied and George cheered. Bad's voice was even sweeter in person.

"It's great to see you all, thank you all for coming out," Dream thanked, sweeping his arm across the crowd.

"Get on with it!" Skeppy cheered into his mic and George laughed, along with the rest of the crowd. Dream's chuckle as he stepped back from the mic to look at Skeppy was the greatest melody George had ever heard.

"Alright! Alright." Dream turned back to the crowd, clutching the mic with one hand. "Here is Nicotine," he finished as the lights dimmed. George wondered how long he may lose his voice for after tonight.

(Dream)ing Of The Disco's performance was like nothing George had ever seen before. He was already breathless from their getups, the bands of colour across their eyes making him weak in the knees. It turn out, Dream and Bad were much more expressive singers in person. You could see the emotions swirling through their head as clear as day on each of their faces as they sung, voices mingling perfectly.

A6d nodded along while he played, sometimes pulling his bottom lip between his teeth in concentration. His eyes focus solely on where his right hand was plucking the strings, trusting his left hand's ability to reach the chords properly. Sometimes he'd even grin, when he knew the song was speeding up.

And Skeppy, he put his whole being into playing. His face was pulled into a wide grin as he bashed out the beat in the most chaotically beautiful way.

But George was focussed most on Dream. His vocals sent chills down George's spine. He could feel the words radiating from Dream's skin and penetrating into every heart in the hall. Both of his hands were clutched around the mic and stand as he bared his soul to the twenty-thousand ish strangers who had never loved him more.

George had been screaming along in tune, joining in the clapping as Bad stepped back from his mic and raised his arms above his head to set the pace.

George felt he was stuck in some sirens song, drawn inevitably to the sharp rocks of Dream's voice but much too mesmerised to sense the barbs.

As the song came to a close, George panted, eyes glowing as he watched the band on stage. After a moments silence, the hall erupted with applause and George watched as the boys grinned at one another.

On sleepless nights leading up to this one, George had feared he may get tired as each song went on. Those fears were irrational. Every word had George belting his heart out, eyes locked on the incredible performance. Nick had tried to rouse him from his trance twice - in breaks between songs - but George was none the wiser.

"Okay, this is gonna have to be our last song for tonight because it's past Skeppy's bedtime," George laughed at that, feeling the lid to his heart slowly float back into place. Too caught up in the moment, he'd forgotten they'd be going backstage. "This is a little jingle I like to call 'The Overpass'" Dream said with a smile.

This time Skeppy and A6d joined Bad in backing vocals during certain lines. George's excitement hadn't been dampened at all as he screamed the words along, permanent grin visible. George felt his soul leave him as he swore Dream's eyes met his.

Dream had worked up a sweat that made his hair wet in the best possible way. He'd shrugged off his green button up a while back and now had it tied around his waist instead. His shirt was damp with sweat and clinging to his chest, leaving very little to the imagination.

George was frozen still under Dream's gaze, praying the sweat he'd worked up looked as good as Dream's did - though he had doubts. His mouth stayed up open in a soft o shape and his cheeks had flooded with heat. He felt it this time when Nick nudged him wearing a shit eating grin.

Unlike George expected, Dream's eyes stayed fixed as he continued to sing.

"Everything about you is perfect down to your blood type but I remember every time. Meet me, meet me at the overpass, at the overpass.
Sketchy girls and lipstick boys troubled love and high speed noise. I know you wanna meet me." and then George could say for certain he had died because Dream winked before looking back to belt out the rest of the words to the crowd.

George had to lean onto Nick in order to recover.

——————————
1k words

Target acquired.

Feedback is always welcome and appreciated!!

~Dandelion