Quit

George wanted to quit his job on a good day. Today he wanted to quit it all the more. Why? Because it meant he couldn't see Clay again until five.

They'd had the conversation the evening before, once Clay got tired of playing minecraft. George had almost been convinced to quit his job then, or call in sick at the least.

"Can't you just take the day off?" Clay mumbled into George's hair. George wasn't quite sure when it had happened but he had gently wrapped his arms around the one of Clay's that he was leant against and Clay had nestled his head on top of George's.

Clay knew the exact moment he'd felt George's arm wrap around his but he figured George wouldn't. He looked exhausted after all.

"Unless I stop needing to pay rent, I need as many hours as I can." George explained quietly. Clay huffed.

"I'll pay your rent." Clay murmured and George rolled his eyes.

"No you won't." George shot down softly, nuzzling into Clay's shoulder more to get comfy. He was sure he'd fall asleep any second now. "It won't be that bad. I'll see you at five. You can explore some more." George's words were beginning to slur and he fought against the weight of his eyelids. Clay leaned against George more solidly.

"I'll get lost." He whispered, not wanting to wake George. His heart ached at the sight of George curled against his side, wrapped around his arm, and fighting sleep.

"Take Nick." George whispered, yawning. Clay shook his head.

"He's not you." George wasn't sure how to respond to that. And, while he was thinking of the words to reply, he fell asleep.

George could feel his cheeks burning as he remembered it. He wasn't quite sure how Clay had managed to escape back to his hotel with George clinging to his arm like that, leant entirely on him.

He didn't want to think about Clay for fear of simply walking out of the Tesco and never turning back.

George thought about it. About actually quitting his job and becoming a streamer. He'd never entertained the thought before, figuring it was too ludicrous to consider. He'd need to establish a stable income as a streamer before he'd be able to quit his job, there was no doubt about it.

But it might work. George would work bearable hours and do something he genuinely enjoyed. Nick got along just fine with the income it brought, and Nick's rent was more expensive than George's. He'd be able to have time to himself and time to spend with Clay - when Clay was around.

After deeming his boss as not-near-enough-to-be-a-problem, George pulled out his phone.

////:\\\\
11/5/20

Georg
I'm considering it
2:56pm

Snapmap
And other messages George sends me with absolutely no context
2:56pm
What are you considering?
2:57pm

Georg
Quitting my job and becoming a streamer
2:57pm

Snapmap
POG
2:57pm
You should do it
2:57pm
Quit your job now and go home, I'll help you set up
2:57pm