Focus

"Dream, please, focus." Darryl muttered for probably the third time in five minutes. He pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration. The guy in question was preoccupied, pacing back and forth across the width of the hallway, mumbling incoherently.

They had been told to wait out there and not open the door until instructed. Clay had almost immediately broken that rule to take a peak at who they'd be meeting. He had promptly slammed the door shut and begun pacing and rambling.

"But Bad, he's literally right there!" Clay stopped pacing to throw his arms in the air, facing his band mates. Vincent subtly stepped behind Darryl; he wasn't about to get shaken again.

"Who is literally right there?" Zak asked, glancing back and forth between the door and Clay. "Mr. Prettiest boy you've ever seen?" He asked again with a smirk, only half joking.

"Yes!" Clay shouted, exasperated. "How am I supposed to focus when he is sitting in there looking like... like..." Clay wildly gestured with his hands. "Like that!" He finally groaned, dragging his hands down his face. Darryl pulled Clay's hands from his face.

"Careful or you'll smudge something," Darryl chastised kindly, letting go of Clay's wrists. Clay nodded and wiped his hands on his favourite green hoodie, which he had pulled on over his outfit after his shower. Darryl sighed in disappointment.

"Just act how you normally do when we're around attractive people," Zak shrugged, not understanding why Clay was making such a big deal of this.

"Yeah. Like an ass." Vincent chimed with a wicked grin. Darryl glared back at him, nudging him sharply with his elbow.

"Remember, Dream, they're all just people. Like you and me and A6d and Geppy. We're all just people. There's nothing to be afraid of. Actually, he's probably more nervous to be meeting you!" Clay smiled and let out a shallow sigh. He nodded absently to himself. Just people. And one really, really attractive person.

"You'll be fine, dude, you always are." Zak chimed and Vincent nodded his agreement. Darryl smiled at Zak and then turned to smile at Clay as well. Clay let out another breath and rolled his shoulders. He'll be fine. He always is. Except he doesn't usually have to refrain from ogling someone in the room.

"Boys?" A voice called. The four turned to see a stout woman peaking out from behind the door. "You ready?" She asked kindly, glancing into the room and then back to the boys in the hallway.

Clay turned to his band mates, sharing a look with each of them. They nodded to one another before turning back to the woman. "Yeah, lets do this." Zak answered with a grin. Sometimes his endless energy was easy to envy. The woman nodded with a smile and beckoned them forward.

"Alright, you'll have one group at a time. The biggest group there is a group of five, is that alright?" She looked over each of them, having stepped fully out of the room and closed the door behind her. They each gave her an answering nod.

"There are seven of us dotted around in there to make sure everything goes alright. We're all in uniform, just give us a shout if you need something. You shouldn't need to shout for us but it's just in case." They expressed their understanding with hums and nods.

"One of us will either escort you to your group or your group to you and one of us will escort each group out once their session is over. We can stretch to give a few more minutes if you need but we all do have places to go afterwards and I'd assume you guys do too," Clay grinned.

"Yeah, we gotta get back before Skeppy's bedtime," He chimed and Zak rolled his eyes. The woman laughed softly.

"There's no rules and regulations, just be decent human beings and they've been told to do the same. There's boxes that you're welcome to use if you find yourselves swamped with gifts. I think that's everything I'm supposed to tell you. If someone asks just say I told you everything I needed to." The boys laughed to themselves, nerves somewhat calmed.

"Alright, I'll make sure my colleague is finished telling them all the same and then you're free to go in and do your thing." Darryl thanked the woman and she waved him off with a bashful smile. She opened the door just enough to stand inside as she waited for the other worker to finish. It wasn't long before she turned back to the four in the hallway. "Alright! Lets get this show on the road."

The four shared a look one last time. Darryl's smile was kind and slightly excited, Vincent's was relaxed and ready, Zak's was excited and determined and Clay's was wide and encouraging. Clay just hoped Prettiest Boy He'd Ever Seen was one of the first; he wasn't sure what he'd do if the boy was sat there looking Like That the entire time. Probably die.

They turned back to the woman, who was now opening the door fully and holding it open. She nodded at the group and gestured for them to enter. Vincent emerged from behind Darryl to lead the way, knowing Dream would probably do something stupid like trip over his own feet when he sees the boy again.

————————————
900 words

Gay panic part two.

Feedback is always welcome and appreciated!

~Dandelion