Photoshoot

Skeppy had called over the nearest staff member to take the photos and George had handed them his phone, camera open. Bad had put the black folder on the floor nearby, open to the heart pose.

It took a bit of shuffling and a lot of referencing the pose but they eventually got it. George's face was still pink and dazed but he managed to replicate the large smile he'd drawn himself wearing and the picture was taken.

"What if we each pick a pose to replicate? We've got the time if you two do." Skeppy suggested, flipping forward a few to another group picture. He burst out laughing.

The other five expressed their agreement before Skeppy held up the folder with his choice of poses. In the middle is Skeppy himself with a defiant grin. He's being held up either side by a begrudging A6d and BadBoyHalo. Behind stands Dream, pretending to pray to Skeppy. In front, either side, kneel George and Nick. Written in large yet neat hand is "they lost a bet."

This photo took a lot more coordination than the first, especially with Skeppy repeatedly screaming "Don't drop me!" but they were eventually able to recreate the drawing well. George's face had cooled, having gotten over the initial embarrassment. Instead, his cheeks ached from smiling.

A6d had to step on Dream's feet more than once to drag him away from George's smile.

Next was Bad's turn - after Dream insisted the heart pose was his turn. Dream wasn't sure he could trust himself not to pick whatever gets him closest to George.

Bad flipped a few pages before deciding. It was a simple pose. The six were stood in pairs, back to back and holding up their hands to their chests like fake guns.

George was thankful Bad hadn't decided to stop on the piggy-back pose. He wasn't sure he'd be able to handle being wrapped around Dream like that.

Bad's choice was easy to replicate, save for Skeppy continuously claiming that Bad "wasn't leaning hard enough" and then complaining that he was "leaning too hard". George would have noticed A6d and Nick scheming if he wasn't so focused on the warmth radiating from where Dream's back was pressed to his own.

Then came trouble. A6d picked up the folder and flicked for a moment, shielding the images away from view. He finally stopped on one, grinning, and showed it to the group. George remembered drawing it as a meme for his group chat. How Nick got his hands on it, he wasn't sure. But he wished he hadn't.

A6d took his seat in the middle of the couch, setting his face deadpan, and Skeppy leapt to take his place dramatically draped over the back. Bad knelt on one knee to the left of A6d, facing away from him and pretending to sing into his fist. Nick mirrored Bad's position on A6d's other side.

Dream and George looked at one another, George's face red. "How are we, um, gonna do this?" Dream asked awkwardly, rubbing his neck. George began stuttering as well, pinching at the skin of his wrist.

"Come on, idots, we don't have all day." Skeppy yelled from his fake-faint pose across the back of the couch. George plucked up enough courage to pull Dream by the wrist to stand in front of A6d, obscuring him from view.

He looks even better close up. Dream thought wistfully, enjoying the warmth of George's hand circling his wrist.

I really hope he can't feel my heartbeat from this. George thought as he pulled Dream's hand to the small of his back.

"If you drop me, I'm going to sue you," George joked, if only to distract from the warmth of his face. Dream laughed breathlessly.

George placed one arm around the back of Dream's neck and leant back so Dream was dipping him. He placed the other hand to his forehead and faked a swoon.

It took a moment for Dream to collect his thoughts, too focussed on the fact that George was in his arms and George had an arm round his neck and George was trusting him not to drop him and he's totally going to drop him. Eventually Dream was able to focus long enough to fake a smoulder and the photo was taken.

Dream and George scrambled apart and A6d and Nick exchanged a discrete high-five.

It was George's turn to pick a pose. He decided on something with considerably less contact in order to save himself from imminently passing away. Dream was warm. George's brain unhelpfully supplied, sending a cold shiver through him.

George's pose was simple and easy. They each laid on the floor in a circle, hands above their heads in peace signs which create a star. It was very white-girl-at-coachella and Nick and Dream made sure to let him know. George, frankly, didn't give a shit.

Finally was Nick's turn, and George was more than just afraid. He was lost in his head, picturing all the embarrassing things he'd drawn that Nick could have printed. He should have known Nick would pull something like this. George guessed it was some kind of payback for having to constantly put up with him talking about the band.

Nick decided on his pose with a grin that did not help George's fear. George felt the colour drain from his face when he realised what Nick had picked.

Along the top of the A4 sheet of paper that would be the cause of George's untimely demise, in poorly replicated cursive, were two words that would haunt George forever more.

"Masquerade ball"

——————————————
970 words

I tried my best to describe all the poses but it may still be a little bit confusing. I could try and draw them if people wanted? :0

Feedback is welcome and appreciated!!

~Dandelion