2. Uprush

Kiara's POV 

Kiara's POV 

After work, I met up with the boys at John B's to get ready for the boneyard. 

"Hey, how was work?" Pope asked. I know exactly what he's getting at. 

"It was fine. The new girl was fine. She caught on quickly with everything." 

"New girl? Please share, Kie, on a scale of 1-10 how bangable?" JJ joked around. John B shook his head laughing. JJ really is an idiot sometimes. 

"Oh shut up, she's way too pretty for you and just moved from Australia so she's probably a kook even though she lives on the cut. And sorry to burst your bubbles but I'm pretty sure she's dating someone. Her boyfriend was sitting in the booths the whole time." 

"Why would she be a kook if she lives on the cut?" JJ asked, ignoring the fact that she's taken. I just rolled my eyes. I don't know why but something seemed off about her. Thankfully John B changed the subject. 

"Enough about JJ's imaginary girlfriend, I need help carrying this keg." Pope and JJ went to help him while I went to change for the kegger. 

In all honesty, Kodi seems nice, but she also seemed like she was trying to be in our friend group and I don't think we need right now. John B is still trying to come to terms with his dad's disappearance nine months ago. Pope is stressing about some scholarship. And JJ is... well... JJ. Pope came in shortly after helping JJ and John B. 

"Hey Kie, you seem to not like Kodi. But I think you should give her a chance tonight. Remember your kook year? Before us, you didn't exactly have the best friend group." Yes, Pope mentioning my kook year pisses me off, but I guess he has a point. There's no harm in being nice. 

"Ok ok... I'll talk to her tonight. I just like the friend group the way it is, ya know?" Pope agreed and gave me a hug.  

"Kie! Let's go! Come on!" JJ yelled. I guess the party starts now. 

Kodi's POV

As Luke and I walked over to the boneyard, Luke stopped me. 

"Hey... I know moving here is hard, but if you could just try to find some friends tonight. For me?" Luke says. I don't think I've ever seen him this serious. Well what do ya know, 95% goofball and 5% serious.  

"Says you. You left the band to come here. You didn't have to either, you could've stayed with Ashton or even Calum! Better yet, you could've let me stay with you and the boys!" I ignored his request. "Luke. Be straight with me. Are you telling me to find friends so you can feel better about moving back on your own?" 

He just sighs. "Kodi. I'm 19. I need to move out and live on my own. Be in charge of my life. I love you and dad but..." 

"I understand." I smiled.