14. Boneyard Crash

Once JJ and John B came back with the keg, we all migrated over to the boneyard where many people were already sitting around and talking. 

John B set up the keg and we all began drinking. There was a ceremonious tone to the air. John B was probably internally celebrating his cute moment with Sarah. I was unintentionally celebrating Luke getting to go back, but in a positive way. As for JJ, Kie, and Pope, they just seemed to be in a happy place right now. 

The night was only getting younger as more tourons, kooks, and pogues made their way to the infamous boneyard. 

Speaking of kooks, the bitch squad rolled in rather earlier than expected. Topper, Rafe, Kelce, Sarah, and Jamie. I guess I shouldn't include Sarah in the bitch squad for John B but until she goes out of her way to show me better, she's still going to be an uneasy person for me. 

Before I could move my eyes away, Jamie had made contact and moved towards us like a snake. 

"Have you signed up for anger management classes yet? I know your dad must be pretty concerned about that temper you got." Jamie smirks. This hypocritical, nasty excuse of a human being. Breathe Kodi. Before I could respond, I feel an arm come around my shoulder holding me in place. 

"Have you? Last I remember, you made the first move in that fight. If you need a recommendation, just let me know." John B sends a wink her way. His arm shielding me from all the glares coming from her. As they walked away, I noticed someone looking in our direction. Sarah Cameron. She looked at me with a look that could have a thousand different meanings. I ignored it, moving my attention to my own circle of friends. John B, however, locked gazes with the girl. Smiling. Oh boy, she's got him hooked. 

After a few early drinks and puffs, everyone in our circle was spread out, talking to infamous tourons and pogues. JJ, flirting with 2 clueless tourons. Pope, geeking out about something with what looks like a classmate. Kie, passionately ranting about some world view with a touron who clearly wants to get down under. John B... where is John B... As  I looked around for a while, I finally saw him seeking off to a more grassy area hidden by trees and bushes. With no one other than the Cameron girl herself on his arm. I smirked, knowing exactly what they must be doing. Or at least where my imagination led me. Unfortunately, I noticed someone else looking in the same direction. Topper. Last I checked, John B said they were still together so this could end very badly. Luckily, Rafe grabs him, handing him another shot which he gladly took. 

After a while longer, we grouped back up. Let me tell you, a group of 5 partially intoxicated Pogues is a group you'll never forget about. 

"Ok ok, let's play a game?" Kie asked. Wow, Kie's never really been the one to offer up games. We all nod. 

"Alright, truth, or drink. We are respecting the rule at all times. Understood?" We all nod, she's such a mom sometimes. 

"Ok, I'll start. Pope, who are you tryin' to mack on?" JJ says, Pope, looking completely annoyed. I feel bad for the kid after our conversation earlier. He just isn't gonna hear the end of it. That's when Pope looks at me with a pissed-off expression. Does he think I told JJ? Of all people? I give JJ a glare. He's the one to blame if Pope hurts my feelings. Pope stays silent, taking a gulp of whatever was in his cup. 

"Alright, my turn. John B, who's your favorite kook?" Pope asked. Damn, they are out for blood. I look at John B to see if he would actually say, Sarah.  

"Hmm, that's a hard one, there aren't many goods one out there." We giggle. "I'd have to say, Sarah." I turn my attention to Kie. Her face dropped. Pope, seeing this and being the friend he is, wrapped a comforting arm around her as she sent daggers at John B with her eyes. There was definitely a better way to tell her. Silence hovers over our circle.