5. Truth or Dare

Pope's POV 

I hear the distinct honking of John B's car outside my house. I gather my stuff together quickly and headed out. 

"Let's go, chief!" JJ from the passenger side. I hopped in. 

"What are we doing?" I ask. 

"We were thinking about surfing. Kiara said she wanted to tan on the beach yesterday." John B said as we made our way to Kiara's to pick her up.  as we arrived at Kiara's, she was all ready to go. 

"Where you been! I've been waitin'!" She yelled. JJ moved to the back as she hopped in the passenger side. Next stop: the beach. 

Once we parked and got set, JJ and John B grabbed their boards and began to head out. Kiara grabbed her bag and looked for a spot on the beach. 

"Hey uh, I totally forgot my board. I'm gonna hang with Kie." I said, Kie looked over and smiled as I helped her find a spot to tan. 

"Ok bubba, go work on your tan!" John B and JJ chuckle and continue towards the water. 

Kie and I sit for a while and talk about everything going on in our lives. 

"Yeah, I just think like, there's so much more that we could be doing for the environment. If everyone just gave more than 1% - WHOA is that Kodi?" Kiara points out in the water. 

In the distance, there was Kodi shredding out in the water. Knicking the tips of almost every wave and almost catching air. She was rockin' it! 

"Dang... she must've surfed a lot back at home," I say. 

"Did you guys see us out there? We caught the best waves, holy shit." JJ and John B jog towards us. 

"No, we were looking at Kodi actually, she's shredding it out there," Kiara said, knowing it would hurt their ego. We all turn towards the ocean, watching the girl. She must've seen us cause she waved and began to paddle towards shore. 

"Wow, a wild Kodi in her natural habitat, coming towards us," JJ says as she approaches. We all giggle, including her. 

"Hey guys, gettin' some waves?" She asked JJ and John B. I haven't seen her smile that big since I've met her. 

"Yeah, a few," JJ responded. Could you be any more detailed brother? 

"Hey, we're probably gonna head over to the chateau if we are all ready, wanna come?" John B asked Kodi.

"Yeah, me and Pope are probably burnt pretty bad by now so we should go soon," Kiara says. 

"Uh yeah, actually that would be great," Kodi says, finally a yes. We all began to head over to the car. Kiara in the passenger seat and me, JJ, and Kodi in the back. 

"Hey, where did you learn to surf like that?" I ask Kodi. 

"My dad taught me when I was little. I'd like to go pro someday." She smiles, clearly happy about the subject. 

"I think you could," John B looks back and smiles. 

"Thanks," She smiles back. They locked eyes for a bit. Me and JJ make eye contact. Could Kodi and John B have a thing in the future? 

Kodi's POV

Before we knew it, we are at the chateau already. We all plop inside and find a seat on the various beds and couches. 

"We should play a game," Kie says. 

"Well... what do you wanna play?" Pope asks. 

"Hm.... truth or dare?" Oh boy.

"I'm down." JJ and John B say. Pope just awkwardly nods. 

"Me too," I say. 

"Ok I'll go first since you all are clearly pussy's," JJ says, way to start the game. 

"Shut up, JJ" Kiara playfully pushes him. 

"Ok, Pope. Truth or Dare?" 

"Truth." 

"As I suspected.... ok, we all know you're tryin' to mack on someone so who is it?" JJ asks. Pope immediately shifted his eyes around, clearly uncomfortable with the situation. 

"I'm not tryin' to mack on anybody." 

"Bullshit," JJ cuts in, "Let the truth set you free, brother."

"I'm not trying to mack on anyone." Pope glares at JJ. I think it's time I change the subject. 

"Kie, truth or dare," I say. 

"Truth," 

"Hm... are you a kook or Pogue? I heard you're living both worlds." I ask. 

"She's an honorary Pogue." John B says as Kiara and him share a smile. 

"Ok my turn, JJ, truth or dare?" Kie says. 

"Dare," JJ smirks. Kiara does the same. Oh jeez, two clever people head to head in battle. 

"I dare you to switch clothes with Pope." Oh shit, that's perfect. JJ's smirk immediately goes away and Pope just looks shocked. They leave the room and come back. Pope looking like a bad boy with his cargo shorts and ripped up t-shirt and JJ looks like a nerd from another town entirely, Pope's clothes looked so small on him. We all laugh at the sight. 

"Ok, now my turn. Kie truth or dare." John B gets in on it. Pope and I stay quiet. 

"Dare," sending a look over to JJ. 

"I dare you to jump in the water." Kie glares at John B who smiled playfully and she quickly stripped to her bathing suit that was conveniently underneath her suit and ran to the back of the chateau where she ran and jumped into the water and came back completely soaked. I handed her a nearby towel. She took it gratefully. 

"Ok, new girl, truth or dare," JJ asks, making eye contact with me. 

"Truth," gotta play it safe. I only just met all these people. 

"How far have you gone with a guy?" Me and Kie roll our eyes at the question.

 I sigh and say, "Third Base." Sending a quick wink towards him. His eyes widen a bit at my forwardness. I'm not ashamed. It was with a guy who I was in a relationship for a few months and I trusted him. It wasn't a bad experience. 

"Ok my turn, JJ, truth or dare?" I ask.

"Dare." A challenge set in his eyes. 

"OK, I dare you to sing a song." Kiara, Pope, and John B laughed at the thought as JJ looked unamused. 

"I don't sing," he said. 

"Well, now you do. Sing, lover boy." I say. JJ gets up and begins to skip around us, loudly singing "Happy Birthday". We all laughed like monkeys. John B and I, sitting next to each other, start dancing together to JJ's horrible medley of the song. Pope sends me a mischievous smile. JJ finishes and bows to us as we applaud his act. 

"OK ok, Kodi truth or dare," Pope says. 

"Um...Dare!" Fuck it. 

"I dare you to kiss John B." The room goes silent. Ok, think. Think Kodi think. 

They all gave me a look, all watching my every move. JJ and John B gave each other a look that I will never be able to decode. I look at John B who seemed like he had no idea what to do. I lean in quick and gave him a peck on his cheek. 

"What? You didn't specify, mate." I smiled and we all laughed. I think I like this group.