7. Alongshore 2.0

"Yeah, it's just a game. Kodi, fuck, marry, kill: JJ, John B, and Pope?" Kie said. I felt all eyes on me. 

"Well, I just met you all so... don't be too offended." I paused hoping someone would bring up a different subject. Nope? Okay cool. "Um... Marry John b. Kill Pope because it's unfair that he's smarter than all of us combined. And I guess that leaves... fuck JJ." Pope smiled at the semi-compliment and John B winked playfully. JJ, on the other hand, just raised his eyebrows and grinned. 

"Don't get your hopes up, yubbo," I say to JJ. I know he probably doesn't even know what it means to be a yubbo (idiot) but still. It's never a compliment. "What about you, Kie?" 

"Easy, Marry Pope, Kill JJ, and well... there's only one left." Pope immediately blushed and John B just laughed at Kiara's embarrassment. JJ just pretended to be hurt. 

"Ow Kie, what did I ever do to you?" Kie just gave him a look that said 'really?'. 

"Ok boys, our turn. John B, kill, fuck, marry: Kiara, Kodi, and Sarah Cameron." JJ said. Everyone went quiet when he said the last name. Did something happen with them all or something?

"Hmm. Marry Kodi, cause that would have to move me to Australia to become a kook by nature, Fuck Kie, and Kill Sarah." He didn't even hesitate, damn. He sent a wink over to Kie and we all laughed. 

"Kook by nature? Really?" I said. 

"Oh, you don't want to fight me on that Kodi." John B says seriously. I just laugh at his thoughts on the homeland. "Ok, Pope?" 

"Oh boy... Kill Sarah, Marry Kie, and I guess fuck Kodi." Pope again looked at Kie for any response. Kie just kept a straight face. Poor kid. 

"Damn, I knew Sarah wasn't the nicest but did something happen with you all?" I ask.

"I don't think you wanna get into that, Joey," JJ says. I shot him a look because he used the nickname Kelce made for me. 

"No no... we don't need to make that a thing," JJ smirked while everyone chuckled. Oh please don't be a thing. 

"Ok, what about you, hotshot?" I ask JJ. 

"Easy Game Sis, Kill Sarah f-ing Cameron and the rest of the kooks, marry Kie, my bestie, and of course, Fuck Kodi. You're welcome." He smiled. I just scoffed. We decided to ditch the rest of the game and move the boat around to cool off our skin for a bit. 

We joked around a bit and swam every now and then. We also completely emptied Kie's so-called 'juice boxes'. 

"Hey, I appreciate you asking about my dad. It's been the elephant in the room for a while and I needed to talk about it." John B turns to me. 

"You can always talk to me about that stuff." I smile. "If it's any help, my mom left when I was 12. I guess I'm not in a place to talk but I can emphasize a bit." I smile. 

"I'm sorry about that. Thanks for telling me, though." 

After a few hours, I ended up next to Kiara tanning for a bit. We actually agree on a lot of stuff. We both hate the fact that we're just giving 1% to the environment when we should be given 100%.

"Yeah, It kills me every time I'm near the great barrier reef. It looks different every day. And not the good different. " I told her. 

"It kills me knowing that there's beautiful things dying every day," Kie said, clearly frustrated. 

"My dad always told me that there would be a day when we all realize what we've done. That we would then go into an era of health for our planet, where everything would thrive to it's best state." I smiled over to Kie, who smiled back. "You know, I thought you hated me when we first met," I confess. 

"I kinda did." We both laugh. Well, at least I was right. "But you know? It was really tiring trying to hate you." I put my hand on my heart. 

"Damn Kie, just ask me out already." I tease. JJ, who was sitting next to me talking to John B, heard our conversation and laughed. 

"Hey, if you guys are gonna start making out, let me know before so I can get a good viewing spot," JJ laughed. Me and Kie both got up to slap his arm. 

All of a sudden, the boat came to a halt. Throwing everyone on board a few feet. John B fell onto his knees and hit his head slightly. Kie completely fell off being the farthest one and on the edge on the boat. Pope, who was driving the boat, slammed into the stirring wheel. Me? I fell onto my back with someone right on top of me, JJ. It was hard to understand what had just happened, especially with JJ hovering right above me. 

"You ok, Joey?" He asked looking at me. I didn't even know what to say. I can't tell if it's because of the fact that he was so close to my face, or because he said it so genuinely. Or even if it was that he called me a Joey. A baby kangaroo. 

I don't know why... but at this moment, coming from his mouth; It felt different from when Kelce said it and when JJ said it earlier today. I hate to admit it but all I could think was... why don't you just call me baby? 

 why don't you just call me baby?