Chapter 10

Patton's POV

After all of...that I decided to start the Lion King since Disney usually makes Roman feel better. Having Remus confirmed to be the Duke only yesterday had to be hard on him. And any kind of distraction would probably be good for Virgil as he and Logan respond to any texts from Deceit and Duke. Plus who doesn't like Disney? I got up to make some microwave popcorn for the movie, as the intro scene played. By the time Simba was presented to the entire animal kingdom, I had returned with individual bowls for everyone. Everyone quickly focused on the movie after Deceit and Duke had apparently stopped texting Virgil. At least we can have a peaceful movie night without worrying about a robbery or something. Virgil seems to be doing fine considering he's basically with strangers, and Roman's happier since he's singing along to every song like normal.

"A lot of people seem to forget the darker messages in these movies," Virgil speaks up, during one of the more boring scenes.

"What 'darker messages'?" I ask, confused as to what he means.

"Yeah, my darling Disney is basically sunshine and rainbows, except for Tadashi's death," Roman adds, mistaking my curiosity as me agreeing with him. At least the three of us can agree Tadashi didn't deserve to die in that fire.

Virgil snorts, "Really, so you agree that to become king the best strategy is to murder your brother and blame your nephew?" He asks.

"What? No! The lesson is that you shouldn't spend your life worrying over everything. That, and there's never a wrong time to dress in drag,"

"And do the hula-, OOOHHHHHH!!" They say in unison.

"And just like that, there are now two Disney-obsessed adults in this apartment," Logan says, irritated.

"Yeah guys, quit lion around," I say, shooting finger guns at the two. Roman laughs, and I see Virgil hide a smirk behind his hand, while Logan just sighs, "What? Was that pun not purr-fect for the situation?" I add, nudging Logan slightly.

"The pun may be fitting, but I'd much rather watch the movie in silence if I'm not allowed to read during it," He says bitterly, though I could have sworn he at least smirked.

Roman just shakes his head, "You're not allowed to read during the movie because these are masterpieces that no one should miss out on."

Logan stares Roman down, looking over the rims of his glasses, "Even though we have seen this particular movie countless times?"

"You can't not sing along to Hakuna Matata!" Roman declares, the tips of his hair catching fire as his powers flare.

"First of all; that's a double negative so by that logic, you can resist singing along. Second; would you mind getting control of your pyrokinesis before one of us has to grab the fire extinguisher?" Logan responds, much calmer than his hot-headed teammate.

It's honestly hilarious to watch these two argue, I'm just worried we'll have to buy another couch. That would at least be the second one we've bought this year, the other having plenty of scorch marks. I realized I had missed most of the conversation because I had been too busy staring at Logan. I'm not afraid to admit it to myself that I have a crush on him, it's just telling him that is my problem. Eh, he'd never feel the same, the guy's shown so little interest in anyone that I'm convinced he may be aromantic. I mean there's nothing wrong with that if he is, it would just suck for me. He's always shown so little emotion and love has to be the least common. Just my luck...

Roman's POV

How dare Logan insult Disney's honor and in the middle of a movie no less! Patton was too busy staring at him to help me out, and Anx- Virgil was trying not to choke on popcorn. I don't know how Patton and Logan have already gotten used to calling him by his name. We've known it since he was arrested, but thinking of one of your sworn enemies as a human with a name can make things pretty complicated when your goal is to condemn them to a life in prison. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually but I won't have to if it turns out he is just a villain. That explanation would just be...easier than accepting that not all villains are bad people. I've practically grown up on the idea that there are bad people and good people, not both, and having that ideal messed up practically turns my whole world upside-down. I've been wrong about people before, and I can't let myself trust Virgil just because it appears as though Deceit and Re- Duke are the bad guys. Hey, I didn't have to remind myself not to call him Anxiety, that's progress!

Anyway, I turn my focus back on the movie since I can always think about this later. It would simply be a crime to miss out on a classic such as the Lion King. The credits roll and I clap politely, even if the creators of the movie aren't there. Patton collects our empty bowls of popcorn to put in the dishwasher and I head to my room to get some work done.

Just because we had a new...roommate doesn't mean my boss won't want me to have the recordings done. At least I get to do most of my work from home as a voice actor, but I do have to have my walls covered in soundproof foam. So, all of the Disney posters I brought with me when I moved in are sitting unused in my closet, or are hung up in some other room of the apartment. I grabbed the script for Vexed, where I voiced this football player, who was the main character's love interest. The show itself was pretty cheesy and cliche, but surprisingly well done in my opinion. I recorded several variations of the lines, not wanting to have to re-do them later. Once I check the time I see it's been a few hours, and I had gotten through a couple more scripts.

Deciding it's time to venture outside my room, I head back out to the main area. Patton is busy making dinner, Virgil is watching him, and Logan is nowhere to be found. He's probably off in his own room working on something.

Patton eventually notices my presence when he turns around to set something down on the opposite counter, "Oh! Hey Roman!"

"Hey, padre," I respond, grabbing myself a cup to fill with water. My voice came out a bit more strained, which was understandable after hours of basically talking to myself. Before I can think about how crazy that actually sounds, an iPhone ringtone starts playing.

A/N: Happy Pride month bois!!! Shout out to all of you still in the closet, like me because I will never have the confidence to ask out a girl.

Edit: I finally fixed the asexual/aromantic bit. I hadn't for a while because I didn't want all the comments on that paragraph to move, which happens whenever I edit a paragraph