Chapter 25

Patton's POV

Day 24

"Don't wait on it. You're a great guy and if Logan doesn't see that then you shouldn't waste all your time just loving him from the sidelines."

Maybe Virgil's right...oh who am I kidding of course he's right. Even if it possibly ruins our friendship, I have to tell him that I like him. I've had this crush long enough to know that it's not gonna go away any time soon. I just asked Logan about work and now he had to be looking all cute while he talked about his day. Heck, I could barely even pay attention, his eyes just light up when he talks about something he likes and ugghhhhhh.

"Patton? Are you adequate? You appeared unfocused," He asks, snapping me out of my thoughts. He's so flipping caring!!

"Yeah, just spaced out for a second- 'spaced' 'cause you work at the planetarium!" I exclaim, proud of the accidental pun. Logan frowns slightly in an exaggerated pout. Sure, his disapproval of my puns kinda hurts, but dang it he's too amazing. I'm sure he doesn't actually hate them as much as he says he does. I pick up everyone's mostly-empty dishes, abandoning them in the sink to clean later as I wait for Roman and Virgil to leave, "Hey Logan, do you want to go on a walk or somethin?" Please say yes, please say yes.

"Alright, may I inquire about the reasoning for this?" Logan asks, standing up.

I shrug, not exactly wanting to say the real reason, "Seems nice out, and getting some fresh air couldn't hurt."

"Actually, with the amount of air pollution is is quite possib-" He pauses, as I pout, "I mean, that sounds great, Patton."

"Yay!" I exclaim, going to get my shoes. He slips on his own shoes and waits for me by the door, "You ready?"

"If I was not ready then I would not be standing here," He points out. I laugh slightly as I drag him out of the apartment, "Did you have a specific destination in mind?"

"Not really, we could go to the park?" I suggest. It was one of my favorite places in the city with all the nice flowers and lights. That and there are no spiders in the park because some rich guy pays for the upkeep of it.

"That is an acceptable choice," Logan agrees, and I try hard to not squeal.

"Then it's decided, let's go!!"

We get out to the park and find it mostly empty, only a few joggers and couples are out. It's darker than I expected and the lamps are turning on around us. We walk along the sidewalk, heeding the 'stay off the grass' signs littered about and generally enjoying the scenery.

"I can see why you chose this place to walk, it makes for quite pleasant scenery," Logan comments.

I smile, "Yeah," I respond quietly, not knowing what else to say.

We continue walking, and I may or may not be resisting the urge to hold his hand. Eventually we come up to this gazebo, and I get an idea. I grab him by the arm and drag him into the gazebo without warning.

"Patton? Would you mind explaining why you felt the need to bring me here in such a manner when you could have simply pointed the structure out to me?" Logan asks, flustered by the contact. Or at least he looked flustered, it's hard to tell since he looks serious all the time.

"Because that would be boring, and I got excited," I explain, freeing his arm from my grasp. I lean on the railing of the gazebo and stare at the dark sky. No stars are out yet, at least from what I can see since in big cities the artificial lights kinda block out the stars, "Can I talk to you about something emotion-related?"

I turn back to find him looking confused, "I guess, but I do not see how I would be considered much help on such a matter."

"What would you do if you liked someone as more of a friend, but didn't know how to tell them?"

He pauses, moving to stand next to me, "Assuming you mean you've taken an interest in someone in a romantic sense, I would suggest you tell them."

"What if you're scared to tell them, because you're sure they don't feel the same," I mumble.

"Keeping a secret of that magnitude to yourself can be quite stress-inducing, so I'd suggest that you find a way to tell them, thus relieving the stress."

I 'straighten' up, "Logan, can I do something? Promise not to get mad."

He looks at me, concerned, "I promise not to become angry with you," He assures me, resting his hand on mine.

Okay, Patton don't freak out, you got this, "I think- well I know that I have a giant crush on you."

His expression is unreadable, and I can practically feel my heart slowly tearing in two with each second, "Patton, may I try something without you becoming angry with me?" He asks.

"Yeah," I squeak out.

He nods and takes a deep breath, before facing me directly. I turn towards him as well, and he places his hand on my cheek. Oh my god oh my god oh my god please tell me this isn't a dream. He leans in slightly, his eyes seemingly going down to my lips before looking back up. Before he can decide against it, he closes the gap between us, kissing me softly. I quickly calm myself down enough to kiss him back, my arms going around his neck.

He pulls away from the kiss after a second, "It appears that I have, figuratively, caught feelings for you too Patton," He says with a fond smile, "Do you like food?"

Wat. "Uh, yeah."

"Do you like romantic outings?"

"I guess?" Please tell me this is going where I think it is.

"I can provide both of those, if you would like to accompany me on a date," He states smoothly.

I smile at his strange way of asking me out, "I'd like that." 

A/N: 25 chapters in and we finally got some logicality, still have no idea when prinxiety's gonna happen, but oh well.