Chapter 2

"Joy! I thought you were calling in tomorrow? What's up?" Seulgi was in constant communication with Joy. Despite of all the bickering during their days as an SM trainee, Seulgi and Joy became good friends. They met for coffee when Seulgi first moved to New York, and the coffee meet ups with the gang became a routine for everyone.

"Listen. I'm going to visit Irene in a few days. And I know you're still hung up on her despite of you being the hot famous music producer everyone's talking about." Joy knows the truth that Seulgi still loves Irene.

Seulgi did not know what to say and Irene felt it. "Seulgi, I'm visiting her. Maybe you want to tell her something? Or send something New York made?" Joy chuckled.

Seulgi tensed on the other line. However, she finally found the right words to say. "Listen, Park. Just visit her, and I'll tell your girlfriend/my manager that you'll be with her. Okay? I don't need to send her anything. She didn't fulfill her promise, remember?"

Of course, Seulgi would be mad but Joy did not expect it from her. Seulgi seemed to be trying to move on, and this made Joy felt relieved. She did not want to cause any more trouble due to the tension among her friends.

"Okay Unnie. No need to shout over the phone. I get it. I understand. I'll call you when I'm there okay?" Joy tried to lighten the mood. "Sure, Bree. Be safe, okay?"

"Oh, Seulgi. You're so concerned about me, while you should be more concerned about yourself."

"Park, what are you talking about?"

Joy laughed on the phone. "Nothing, Kang. Just trying to lighten your peachy tone. But seriously though, you be careful, I heard a buzz that the paps already found out where you live. Tell that to Yeri too, maybe she can fix something up for you."

Seulgi laughed back. "Park, tsk tsk, you're concerned about me!"

"Bye Seulgi!" Joy immediately ended the call. Joy knew that Seulgi was right, she was concerned. Paparrazis were all over the place in New York, trying to catch up with Seulgi since she was the hottest piece in the music scene right now. Seulgi was very private, and the paps want the chase. Joy did not want that for Seulgi, she knew how Seulgi lived, and the fact that her midget friend cannot leave the house to buy a carton of milk without being unnoticed was irritating. Seulgi being out and about made it stressful for her too, she was Seulgi's lawyer after all.