Chapter 8

1 month later

New York, 10 AM.
Seulgi was busy preparing to go on tour with Yeri and Joy along with other artists. It was a tour that composed of famous DJs including Hardwell, Skrillex, Diplo and singers such as Halsey, Justin Bieber, Hayley Kiyoko and Ellie Goulding. Joy and Yeri will tag along because Seulgi insisted that she needed company, and that hanging out with other people she barely knew was last on her list. Joy and Yeri were happy to oblige to the star's request, they needed a vacation too.

"Seul unnie, are you sure you wanna do the tour? I know how you can be so lazy all the time, and No means No for you." Yeri walked into her office while she was just staring out her office window. Seulgi did not seem to hear her because it took Yeri to call her out twice. "Hello? Unnie?" Nothing. "Earth to Kang Seulgi!" Yeri said it louder this time. This took Seulgi off guard and she tried to pull herself together to try to hide the fact that she was just staring out blankly at the window.

"Hey, Yeri. What's up? I don't remember missing anything at all today. Nayeon made sure that I get myself out of the house at exactly 9 am to start with my meetings." Seulgi said defensively with her hands making different gestures. Seulgi looked tired, but she is still pretty. Yeri was observing her brunette best friend and noticed that she seemed to lack sleep and rest. Yeri saw that Seulgi was mixing music the whole time to prepare for her set list. Seulgi was a perfectionist when it comes to mixing.

"Seulgi unnie, I just want to make sure you wanna do the Bacardi Tour with all the other artists. If you wanna back out, it's fine. I'm not going to push you." Yeri was always concerned about Seulgi, and Seulgi was thankful for that. Without Yeri, she'd have a hard time around New York.

"No, Yer. I'll do it. This is my dream, remember? And besides, I promised to attend. I promised you and Joy that you'd come along so you would also enjoy these new places we're going to see. And you, of all people know that I treasure promises." Seulgi assured Yeri. In fact, Seulgi was pumped for the tour. She was just stressed out of having to choose what mixes she would put on her list.

Of course, of all people, Kang Seulgi took promises seriously. Whether it was a simple request or a much bigger one, as long as she says "I promise", she'd be willing to go for it no matter what it takes. Yeri wanted everyone in the industry see the real Seulgi, and he's just happy that he gets to see it every single day.

"Okay, I'll call Jeongyeon to inform Bacardi that it's a go, alright?" Seulgi just nodded and looked out the window again.

"And, Unniw? Get some rest, okay? I know that the fame is already taking a toll on you, but who can blame them, you know? As what Nayeon Unnie says, You're Kang Seulgi for goodness sakes!" Yeri laughed and walked out of her office.

People were really into Seulgi lately. People would send her lots of messages, gifts and letters over her fan mail, asking her to make her solo album this time. Seulgi was overwhelmed with the support that she has been getting, but an album won't be in her to do list as of the moment. Seulgi continued to read fan mails brought into her office when Nayeon barged in.

"Seulgi bear, you got a phone call. Should I connect you, or should I put it down so I can continue eating my doughnut?" Nayeon was holding the phone on one hand, and was holding a Krispy Kreme gazed doughnut on the other. Seulgi sighed and just nodded.

"Hello, Seulgi Kang, speaking." Seulgi is very professional when it comes to phone calls. She would not like people on the other end to give the impression that she was bad ass on the phone, even though she really is one. She tells her friends that she is a "low key bad ass person."

"Yes, Hello, Seulgi? This is Ellen De Generes, I was wondering if maybe you'd like to come by and do an interview with me?" Seulgi was stunned. She's a big fan of Ellen!

"Oh. Oh. Seriously? Me? YES! Yes! I'd love to!" Seulgi immediately said Yes. She was going to prepare for this interview, it's her first live interview after making it big in New York.

"Great. Great! See you tomorrow? Will that be good?"

"Yes. It is! Thank you so much, Ellen! Will inform my manager about it. Thank you!"

"No problem, S. I'm also a fan, and I would like to see how small you really are in my show." Ellen laughed.

Seulgi informed Yeri of the upcoming interview, and she and Jeongyeon agreed that it would be a great publicity move for Seulgi. Jeongyeon had been pushing Seulgi to be out and about with Dave but Seulgi, being so lazy and being just Seulgi, did not want to. After the paparazzi incident, she really declined doing Jeongyeon's suggestions.

"Seul, it's a good thing you agreed. I want people to see that you do not live in the dark anymore. That's what they say about you. You don't go out, don't do interviews, it's very opposite your reputation." Jeongyeon commented.

"Chill, Jeong. I told you I am doing it. Trust me. I was just busy thinking of all this, you know. If it was worth it, taking a shot, and making it big. Honestly, I'm happy but I just don't know where will this lead me. After the Bacardi tour, Justin and Adele, will people still like me?" Seulgi was serious as she looked at her friend. Jeongyeon approached Seulgi and hugged her tightly.

"Seulgi, you wanted this. You are living your dream. You said it yourself, this is something new. This is now, live in the now, alright? Take every opportunity, the team will always be here for you, anyway. And don't worry about people not liking you, guys and girls want to get in your pants right now." Jeongyeon winked.

"Shut up, dude." Seulgi laughed at this and slapped her friend on the arm.

"Don't be so modest, Seul. Even your old time crush Jinyoung from Seoul would do you." Jeongyeon was laughing so hard that Seulgi just showed a bright red flush on her cheeks.

"Go to that interview, after that, prepare yourself for Bacardi, be your usual bad ass self, and who know's who you'll find?" Jeongyeon patted Seulgi on the back and left Seulgi so she could gather her mixing board, laptop and headphones and leave after to look for a dress to wear for the interview.

Jeongyeon was right, guys and girls want to get a piece of Kang Seulgi. All she had to do was go out and prove to herself that she can love again. Seulgi's moving on, she's a work in progress. What she needs now is one person to prove that to. But the question is who?

California, 9 PM...
Ellen DeGeneres is very active on Twitter. To excite Seulgi's fans, she tweeted:

"One smokin' hot Songwriter/Producer is coming your way tomorrow!;) For the first time ever, KangSeulgi live! I got the guts to invite her y'all! #SeulgiGoesToEllen

Fans in Social media were going crazy, Seulgi rejected interviews, especially if they were live. She would not even talk to the paps. Fans expressed their thanks to Ellen for making this happen. Of course, some fans were already speculating that this is already the new Kang Seulgi who was already willing to let her guards down and be open to the public. All they had to do was wait.

Irene was taking a break from her studying when she logged on to her Twitter account. She was a fan of Ellen, and was just in time to see Ellen's latest tweet. Irene just stared at her laptop and her heart was racing fast. She was happy for Seulgi, but she was nervous that Ellen might have dug out Seulgi's past to ask her for the interview. Irene knows how Ellen could be sneaky at times, she just hoped that she did not get information about her and Seulgi, because if Ellen did, she'd have a lot of explaining to do to Bogum.

Irene wrote it down on her post it which read: Seulgi's Interview with Ellen tomorrow. Watch it, Bae!

"Wait. I've moved on, right? It's just an interview, Bae. No big deal. You can even watch it with Bogum." Irene told herself after writing it down and tried to calm herself.

Irene put the note on her laptop screen so she won't forget it. Irene was eager to see Seulgi do interviews. Irene knows that Seulgi can be really closed off, it was her who broke down those walls. She won't admit it, but she also wants to see how she looked like. Pictures of Seulgi on the papers aren't really great, they were stolen pictures of Seulgi, most of them showed how she was mobbed. The pictures showed Seulgi by just being Seulgi, leather jacket, tank top, a pair of Rayban Aviators, skinny jeans, and black Dr. Martens, the look Irene knew too well. This time, Irene just couldn't wait to see a glammed up Seulgi.