Chapter 7

Paparazzi swarms Seulgi Kang; Producer hurt in the encounter.

"Seulgi, can you please explain this to me?" Jeongyeon laid the newspaper down infront of Seulgi so the girl could see. Seulgi made the headlines after last night's encounter with the paparazzis. Jeongyeon was fuming, if only Seulgi told her that they were eating out with Joy and Yeri, she should have made arrangements for her. She was Seulgi's PR. She could have minimized the situation.

"I know, Jeong. I'm sorry. I wanted to try to live normally, you know. It just felt so good to be out and about without Dave protecting me from anyone who comes near me. I swear, it won't happen again." Seulgi apologetically stated to her friend. Jeongyeon just nodded and left, she knows that she can trust Seulgi with her promise. Seulgi doesn't break her promises.

In California...
Bogum and Irene were walking hand in hand in the park when a news article caught their eye. Irene immediately bought a copy upon seeing Seulgi's name in the paper. Bogum and Irene read the article and was frustrated at how the paps could get very physical when it comes to picking up the latest scoop on celebrities.

"Seulgi still looked hot even when she was dragged down, so, the paps still lose." Bogum remarked. Irene did not mind Bogum's crush over Seulgi. She was concerned about Seulgi, and she called Joy to find out how things were.

"Joy, how are you? How is she? How is Yeri?" Irene bombarded Joy with questions, making Joy chuckle.

"Unnie, calm down. We're fine. Seulgi's just hurt but it's not really a matter of life and death. I'm still persuading her to press charges, but that girl is still hard headed. She doesn't want to, stating that it's a part of the world she lives in now."

"Okay, okay. Good to hear. Please take care of yourselves in New York, Sooyoung . I'm worried about all of you."

"Really, Rene? You know how Yeri and I can handle things. Why can't you just admit that it's her you're most concerned about?" Joy tried to make her best friend answer the question but Irene evaded it by stating that Bogum is with her and she can't talk on the phone longer than the usual.

Bogum noticed that Irene was zoned out. He approached his girlfriend and grabbed her hand once again. He knew there was something wrong with Irene the past few days, but he just didn't seem to know what was bothering her. Both were busy in Medical School, and it's normal that they feel exhausted due to school pressure, and a date once a week isn't that bad for them.

"Irene?"

"Yes, Bogum?"

"Are we, you know, alright?" Bogum was looking into Irene's eyes, and Irene felt guilty with what she was feeling towards Bogum. Her feelings for Bogum could not compare with what she feels for Seulgi.

"Yes. We are, baby. We're just tired. But we're more than okay." Irene closed her eyes when she answered Bogum. Bogum was good for Irene, he was the epitome of a perfect boyfriend. And Irene told herself that being with Bogum was a safe choice.

"Okay, babe. Just making sure. You're just a little off, lately. After Joy left and all."

"No, I'm fine. I'm just missing them, they're my friends. And I don't really see all of them." Irene assured Bogum that they were doing fine. In fact, Chloe and Bogum were the most popular couple in Stanford University Medical School. Everyone thinks that they're a perfect match. Irene and Bogum were in the honor roll, and a bright future was ahead of them.

Irene and Bogum were doing well after the talk in the park, and it was obvious how Chloe put a little more effort into their relationship. After school, both of them would go home and just cuddle, enjoying each other's company. She would do little things to surprise Bogum, and Bogum would do the same for her.

Irene can say that she was content with what she and Bogum has. She can say that she has moved on from Seulgi.