Chapter 11

New York, 11 AM.
"Yes, Joy. I understand. I will, I'll bring Yeri, Nayeon and Jeongyeon. I swear, Joy. I read it." Seulgi was talking on the phone with Joy. Joy has the habit of calling Seulgi more than 5 times a day to remind her of what papers she has to look at and go over.

"Kang, I am warning you. This is a big deal, sign them properly and read everything! And go to that meeting tonight! " Joy told Seulgi. Her voice was really normally loud that Seulgi had to move her cell away from her ears.

"Wow, Joy. When have you been my Manager? As far as I can remember, Yeri is. Or, maybe you switched roles? Is this a relationship test thing?" Seulgi laughed.

"Listen. Yeri told me to remind you too. Just be there, okay? See you later." Joy put the phone down, and Seulgi did too. Seulgi loves to admire the view New York from her office. She doesn't really tell anyone that it's her thinking spot.

"Seulgi!" Jeongyeon entered the office causing Seulgi to get out of her thoughts. Seulgi stood up to meet her and gave her a hug.

"You comin' tonight, right? I can do this without you, Yeri and Nayeon." Seulgi pleaded.

"Chill, Seul. Damn right, I am. I am your publicist, plus free booze? Hell yeah!" Jeongyeon high fived Seulgi and both laughed. Seulgi walked back to her swivel chair and played around in it making several turns until she felt dizzy.

"Stop it, Seul. I get dizzy watching you. Anyway, I just want to congratulate you. You did a good job with Ellen. Sorry I was not there, but I am proud of you. Nayeon, Lisa and I watched it here. It looks like you're softening up now, huh?" Jeongyeon nudged her friend.

"Sshh, it's not a big deal. I just don't want to wallow in my sadness anymore. I have to make the most out of this. Whatever I have right now" Seulgi scoffed.

Jeongyeon looked at her friend with pure admiration. Indeed, Seulgi really matured and became a better person than before. Seulgi has the right to go out and about now, and Jeongyeon  firmly believes that her little friend needed to unwind and explore New York during the day. And because of that, she pulled Seulgi out of her chair.

"Whoa, dude. Whoa. Hold up. What's up?" Seulgi panicked. Jeongyeon just laughed and tossed Seulgi her black leather jacket.

"Get up, Seul. We're going out. Let's go grab some lunch and find you something nice to wear for the artist's meeting tonight. You don't wanna be under dressed, do you?" Jeongyeon said as she was ready to make a few calls on her phone.

"I don't wanna dress up glamorously tonight, Jeong. It's just going to be a short meeting. Can I just go in sweatpants instead?" Seulgi asked and pouted. Jeongyeon did not heed any of Seulgi's demands, and continued to make a few calls while gathering Seulgi things, knowing that the star won't budge.

"C'mon. I don't wanna ruin my rep and your rep. It's not just an artist meeting. It's the Bacardi Artist meeting. Executives will be there, artists that will be with you on tour, and of course, the usual paps so you have to dress up. This is the time that the public will really see you after the Ellen interview. Show them what you've got." Jeongyeon explained while holding Seulgi's shoulders.

Jeongyeon really appreciates how Seulgi likes to keep things simple, how she'd act very normally around her friends, and not demanding them to do work just because she pays them. The least thing Jeongyeon can do is be a very good friend to Seulgi. Seulgi on the other hand, gave in to Jeongyeon's request. She put on her jacket and grabbed her signature Ray-Ban Aviators along with her phone and both left the office. Nayeon and Yeri were called by Jeongyeon to join them, and all waited for Dave to bring Seulgi's car infront of the building.