Black Lives Matter

That is all, readers. Simply a couple words and a correct photo appreciating the much needed stand for the innocent lives slaughtered as if they were guilty. Me, a black teen girl. Should not be mortified of the thought of being thrown off my balcony is cops sound their sirens nearby. I shouldn't be shedding tears when I click on the news and see a teen man be killed for simply wanting to jog and keep fit. We shouldn't be killed for playing childish games outside with toy guns still being manufactured by companies.

None of these deaths and more, have been any of these people's faults. They were living. They were attempting to live a life our ancestors marched and suffered whips marks to have us lucky generation seen being torn away. We were once living free, living a life where we kept our doors unlocked and weren't afraid to meet eyes of our neighbors.

It sickens me the racism that still lives in America, but through what Martin Luther King, Ghandi, and the recent Detroit: Become Human game had demonstrated. We should be protesting in peace. Looting, setting fires to buildings should simply be acts of seeking international platform to show that people have been suppressed, have been abused and unheard.  Never should we continue raiding across the plains ancestors have worked their lives for to create and show off to us.

We, have made America. And We can be just as capable of destroying it just the same. We shouldn't either build on top of this swaying mass of protest shouts and unbalanced justice nor tear and burn down to start anew. We should be able to fix the America we have become. Lift our hands and shout out to be heard, make our bodies a number and let whoever be elected be affectionate for the majority of people, and never turn a blind eye.

If we close our eyes and hope that this time will pass, you'll open them to see yourself an elder watching your children, and children's children weep and ask why their future was tainted this way.

We are the ripple that can make a tsunami years from now.