Chapter 5

"G-get away from me." I stuttered as I pushed him off me. I don't sound quite convincing though when I fucking stutter.

He closed the distance even more. Probably to prove his point that he wasn't going to listen to me. Few inches more and our chests will touch. I'm worried that people will see us. I'm not going to grab anyone's attention here so I gathered my strength and pushed him off me.

He finally got off me. I huffed as I heard him chuckle. He really thinks this is a joke.

"You know, it's not like we haven't kissed." I blushed as I recalled. "I remember you wrapped your arms around my neck while you returned the kiss."

I glared at him, trying to murder him in my mind. He then touched my cheek while smiling at me. The one that was soft and kind like the first time I saw him at the party.

"You're blushing." He murmured 'cute' that was barely heard. He then leaned in and kissed my blushing cheek. My eyes widened, shocked from what he did. "My sister blushes hard, too- a hilarious shade of red. Yours is cute... pink."

I couldn't respond. I stood still frozen from my spot. Speechless. My eyes were still wide looking at him.

What the hell was that?

Devils don't do soft and sweet gestures… do they?

"Keelan!" The two of us turned towards the intruder. He was jogging towards us. His eyes travelled to mine for a second with a curious glance and instantly went back to Keelan.

"Hey." Keelan greeted.

"You weren't answering your phone. Avery called."

"Oh. It's probably Luca again. I'll just call her back."

His friend nodded. Keelan shifted his attention to me. "I guess I'll see you then." He then leaves. His friend followed him. I heard him ask Keelan who I was.

"My little rockstar."

Holy shit.

---

"What's wrong with you? You're fidgety." Mila asked as we ate our lunch in the cafeteria. She picked the lettuce from her sandwich and ate it separately.

"Probably because of some dude who was going to blow my cover." My voice became louder as I spat every word.

She put her sandwich down on her plate and rolled her eyes. "You're being paranoid again. Remember that dude during high school? You also said he was on to you and that he found out who you were and he's going to tell the whole school about it. In the end, the guy is actually in to you like freaking crushing on you. You broke his heart just because you're being god darn paranoid. He was even cute. Ugh." She said exasperatedly as she shook her head.

"No. This time, I'm right. I swear on my guitar that I'll buy soon."

"Let me guess. With my two thousand dollars?"

I grinned at that. "Well, I actually never thought that telling him the truth would work." I shrugged. "But that's beside the point."

"Okay, how about this? You give me proof how the sweet guy is actually 'evil'." She air quoted it. "Then I'll believe you."

"What? You're my best friend. You should believe me."

She eyed me in disbelief. "Ugh, hello? Remember that other guy during freshman year? You shut him off when he said you look like-"

"Okay, okay. Point taken. I got the point." I huffed. "Yes, I might be paranoid."

"Might?" She asked with a raised brow. I glared at her.

"Whatever. Okay, proof. Proof."

"Yes, proof. If you're wrong about this again, Kai, I swear I'll be the one to tell your parents what you're actually doing behind their backs, you total paranoid."

I gasped. "You wouldn't."

"I would." She then looked behind me. "Oh, it's Keelan."

I froze. My eyes widened. Mila then laughs. My shoulder slumped as I realized what she'd done.

"I was wrong. You're the evil one here, I swear."

She laughs hysterically. "Oh my god, have you seen yourself? That's a whole different level of paranoia right there." She was hitting the table as she laughed nonstop. I glared at her.

Poor table.

---

"What are you spacing out about?" Dustin sat down beside me on the couch.

We were taking a break from our band practice. Caden and Mace went out to buy some snacks.

"I don't know. Probably thinking of writing some original songs for the band."

"You think we're ready for that big step?" He sunk himself on the couch and spread his arms on its rail.

"I'm sure we are. We've been playing for four years now. We were too scared to write songs before because we just started. We weren't confident enough."

He nodded. "And we just got popular recently. Caden has been writing songs though. Don't tell him I told you. He was being shy about it." He said with a chuckle.

"Really? That's great! I mean that's no surprise considering he's a Lit student. Well, what do you think? Should we start our own original now? We could discuss this when they arrive." I said suddenly feeling excited.

"Why not? I'm pretty sure every band here already started writing songs despite the experience. I think we're the only ones who are not." He laughed.

"You're right. I guess we're just too comfortable with our current zone. Well then it's decided!" I exclaimed.

"Decided what?" Caden and Mace arrived with bags of food and beverages. It smelled like Mexican food from here.

I smirked. "Dustin said you wrote a song." Caden blushed while Mace raised his brow in curiosity. From the corner of my eyes, I can see Dustin face palming with a groan.

---

"What are you doing? Let me go." No matter how I pull away my arm from his grasp, he doesn't seem to budge. "Remi's going to kill you if he finds out you're treating me like this."

"Like what?"

"Like, like... like some..."

He stopped midtrack which made me stop too. He turned to me with a raised brow."Like what"

"Just let me go. Unhand me, you pest." I spat. Although it sounded like a joke, I was extremely serious and I'm furious cause he suddenly dragged me away from my locker. I didn't even have the chance to leave my things in my locker.

"If you won't shut up, I'll kiss you." He continues to drag me. I saw the view of the parking lot.

I opened my mouth and closed it again. Opened it. Closed it. He looked at me amused. "If you do that, I'll kiss you still." I frowned and looked away.

Fine. I'll just wait whatever it is he's going to do.

I noticed we arrived at where he parked his car. It was a black mustang and there were little details of red like on the rims and some other parts. I must admit it looked pretty cool.

"You owe me a date, sweetheart."

I glared at him. "You should really stop calling me that-"

He then kissed me on the lips. It lingered for no longer than three seconds before opening the passenger seat and pushed me inside to sit.

I was stunned. I know he did that to shut me up but it still made me shocked. The kiss was different, kind of like a prolonged smack. It wasn't chaste nor a lip-lock.

I turned to him. He was now seated on the driver's seat. He smirked as he started the engine. I opened my mouth for a while as I carefully thought of what to say. Can't have a repeat of what happened a minute ago.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked breathlessly.

"I'm craving for ice cream." He grinned at me and reversed his way out from his parking spot.