Chapter 27 : Heaven

My fingers stroke a few keys producing the familiar sound. I smiled at the man beside me. He returned a knowing smirk. I suppressed a sly smile as I discontinued the song that I knew he wanted me to play and resumed with another popular song.

Oh once in your life you find someone
Who will turn your world around
Bring you up when you're feelin' down~

Yeah nothin' could change what you mean to me~

I stole a glance. His face was now serious and thoughtful as his gaze was staring deeply into my soul.

Oh there's lots that I could say
But just hold me now
'Cause our love will light the way~

Baby, you're all that I want
When you're lyin' here in my arms
I'm findin' it hard to believe
We're in heaven~

Keelan's stare on me never wavered as my fingers dance on the black and white keys. When I asked him what song, he told me anything. I knew he wanted me to sing that song again. And though that night didn't end well despite the feelings I finally realised for him, all is well now. And this song that I'm singing right now is the real confession.

And love is all that I need
And I found it there in your heart
It isn't too hard to see
We're in heaven~

I stopped. I looked at him with a playful smile.

"Why are you looking at me like that?

"Why did you stop?" He retorted.

"Hey, I asked first." As I punched him in the arm playfully but he didn't smile. My face falls.

"Stay." We stare at each other for a while.

I forced a smile. "What are you talking about?"

"Stay the night, Kyree."

I chuckled. "I don't think they'll appreciate my overstaying."

"Trust me, they will." His fingers brush my cheek before leaning in and kiss me on the lips. I responded with equal fervor. I was surprised that he did it slowly. He was usually excited, rough, sweet yet passionate but not slow. This is the most meaningful. I can feel his emotions. Emotions that made my heart and stomach reverberate.

Next thing I know, we're on his bed making out.

Our kisses and touches remind me of the time when he trapped me against his car and kissed the living daylight out of me. It was the first time that I realized that I didn't mind him kissing me like that.

I could feel Keelan's rush, passion, intensity and probably his recklessness. I pulled away, got curious of his sudden change. He noticed the look I have in my face and moved off of me to lay beside me.

"I can see the wheels turning in your head, sweetheart." He said while not looking at me. He sighed and started explaining. "I guess you already know that you're my first relationship."

"What?!" My reaction was louder than expected. I repeated it in a softer manner. My eyes were both wide from shock. "What?" I asked again almost in a whisper. Keelan chuckled.

"It never ceases to amaze me how naive and dense you are." I smacked his arm. He chuckled again. "Come on, sweetheart. When they said that I finally have a girlfriend, I thought you already got the gist."

I'm sure the disbelief look on my face is pretty obvious. He sighed.

"I'm not making things up, Kyree."

"It's just unbelievable. You have a lot of girls crushing on you and not one interests you?"

"I could ask you the same thing. Don't forget I have a talk with Remi."

I frowned. "That's not fair."

He chuckled. "I was preoccupied with military stuff and school back then. I just never had the chance. I guess it's because I didn't want to disappoint my parents. The moment my dad enrolled me in a military boot camp, I knew he didn't want me to be like Avery. I guess from there, I've been scared to do something that well, you know... disappoint them. I find relationships are one of those. I've seen teenagers being careless and had to be parents in their early life. Or probably be so in love with someone or do something bad that they ditch school. I don't know. If it's not drugs then it's somewhere along that line. That's why I'm being so careful. I know you think my parents are pretty chill but... I just never forget how their faces when they found out about Avery, much more when we thought she died."

My heart crushed as I listened to him. I guess we both have deep reasons why we stayed out of relationships.

"When did they pressure you to have a girlfriend?" I asked lightly, teasing him. I didn't want him to think about his past anymore. What matters for us is the present.

He smiled. "I guess before my last year working in military school. My mother brought it up and suddenly dad grew concerned about it- they were both concerned about it." He corrected the last statement.

I laugh. "Why would they suddenly be concerned? Is it because they think you like Ren?" I teased him, wiggling my eyebrows.

He shook his head as he chuckled. "It's because they wanted another grandchild." The smile suddenly wiped off my face. Keelan laughed at my reaction. "Probably." I smacked him again. "They think I'm unhappy." He sighed. "Too serious with life. If only they knew."

"Or... they really just wanted another grandchild." I teased back. My smile wiped off my face for the second time when he grinned mischievously. That confirmed everything when he immediately hovered me. I tried to push him away.

"Keelan, behave." I warned.

"What? I'm not doing anything wrong." His grin was still present, excitement written all over his face. His body pressed closer against mine.

I rolled my eyes. "Ugh. Why do I even bother? You never listen to me."

"I love you." I froze. "...like a chocolate."

"You're so unoriginal." I laughed.

I stopped laughing when he was just staring at me. I stare back. I guess his overgrown ego grew even more when the first time since ever, I initiated the kiss.

He got conceited when he rolled us over so I could be on top. Nevertheless I continued kissing him, leading the action from lips to tongue. My lips went down to his jaw, to his neck. I imitated him by licking his neck, sucking his skin lightly and licking it again. I heard him groan while trying to suppress his moan at the same time. His hands squeezing my waist was the proof of it.

My lips went back to his, kissing him slowly and lightly.

"I love you." He whispered between our kisses. His hands went inside my shirt, rubbing my back up and down. My shirt went up more than halfway of my torso.

"I know." I whispered back. He slowly took off my shirt with my help. I did the same with his. He changed our position. He's back on top.

This is the first time I saw him bare. He's so hot and beautiful... perfectly carved.

Our kisses continued, hot, messy and fervid. Our hands and fingers dance around each other's body. His lips did the same as soon as it parted from mine. Every inch of my body, he tasted. The look he was giving me told me he was worshipping me.

And I love it.

I love him.