Chapter 11 : All Of The Stars

We were now hiking towards the lake. It was a 20 minute walk from the camp. Everyone was excited to go there. When you're always surrounded by buildings and busy streets everyday, you appreciate nature and its color.

Mila and Remi started their childish bickering again, knowing I'd get dragged again, I walked up ahead towards Ren. He was being quiet again and thoughtful. I noticed he was always like that even if he was with friends.

"Hey." I greeted him as I matched his pace.

He took a quick glance at me and smirked. "Are you having a crush on me, princess?"

I rolled my eyes. "Princess? Well, that's new."

My eyes drifted towards Keelan. He was talking to Remi's friends. It looked like a serious conversation. Their faces showed a thoughtful look.

He chuckled. "It's easier than your name."

"Kyree. Now, repeat after me. Ky... ree..." I taught him with sarcasm.

He laughs. "No."

"I don't like being called other than my name." I whined. "I'm far from being a princess anyway."

"Really? Cause I see you like one." I eyed him in disbelief. He then shrugged. "You're quite untouchable, you know. And you have this air of being regal. You dress so simply but you have class."

I raised my brow. "I think you're describing Mila."

"I think Mila's more of a rebel princess."

I laughed at  his remark. He smiled at me. "So... your scar."

He laughed. "So you haven't moved on from that."

"I haven't seen anyone who has that kind of scar. Like a stab wound." I mused. "You're the first so it's actually triggered my curiosity.”

He then looks at Keelan's direction. "I had a bad encounter when I was young. Let's just say I mixed in with a bad crowd. My uncle's bad crowd."

"You grew up with your uncle?" I asked, suddenly became interested in his past. I mean this guy is just plain mysterious. He was quiet and reserved but he could laugh when he wanted too.

"No, not really. My parents died when I was thirteen. My uncle became my guardian."

"I'm sorry." Suddenly feeling regretful for prying his past.

He shook his head. "It's okay. I don't mind." I thought he was going to stop the story considering it was a touchy subject but surprisingly, he continued. "One night, when my uncle and his friends were having their usual drinking party, he met the person who broke his arm. It turns out he was harassing a girl before and his arm paid the price for that."

Just listening to him made me realize how bad he's uncle was. It must be hard for him.

"Funny though because the person who did that was a girl. She saved her friend and beat my uncle." He chuckled. "She was a student in a military school apparently."

"How did you come into the picture?"

"My uncle wanted payback. He thought he was lucky cause he's mates were with him. I was included by the way. But number wasn't the problem for her and she beat the shit out of them."

"Them? So you weren't beaten?"

"The girl has someone with her. My uncle wanted me to get her instead so I chase after her. I almost got her but I was stabbed with a knife. Actually the knife was thrown directly to my back."

I gasped. That's just horrible but I couldn't blame the girl for what she did. She saved her friend. I'm just shocked that this happened to Ren who was now my friend. I'm surprised even more that he smiled at me instead of being angry at what happened.